Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 11/23/06 Happy Thanksgiving.
=BGOAT= Forums > General > General > News
BGOAT wiz
I hope that everyone is having a great Thanksgiving and your enjoying your time w/ your friends and family. Also be sure to give thanks to the people less fortunate then you are. So enjoy the parades on tv and what ever your eating wether it's a vegan feast or a feast w/ tons of turkey and yams have a good time and a Happy* Thanksgiving.
Harold
QUOTE(ROOK Master wiz @ Nov 23 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]9942[/snapback]
I hope that everyone is having a great Thanksgiving and your enjoying your time w/ your friends and family. Also be sure to give thanks to the people less fortunate then you are. So enjoy the parades on tv and what ever your eating wether it's a vegan feast or a feast w/ tons of turkey and yams have a good time and a Haooy Thanksgiving.

HAOOY THANKSGIVING!

:]
=BGOAT=Nicholas
What about the 3 football games going on today?!

Cant forget to watch those. Ima be fighting with my uncle over playing the PS3 or watching the football games lol.

Oh yeah Haooy Thanksgiving.

(wiz's turkey must have been on fire so he started typing real fast and didnt catch his error lol)
logan
QUOTE(=BGOAT=Nicholas @ Nov 23 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]9952[/snapback]
What about the 3 football games going on today?!

Go Cowboys!

Haooy Thanksgiving everyone.
Embro
COWBOYS FUCKING SUCK
GlitchMasterBiz
t.o needs to die.

anyway happy thanksgiving or if your wiz haooy thanksgiving
Oompa
yay! my mom is making me and my twin go with her today and go out and give food to poor people!

am i really a bad person if i dont want to do it...?
=BGOAT=Nicholas
QUOTE(Oompa @ Nov 23 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]9957[/snapback]
yay! my mom is making me and my twin go with her today and go out and give food to poor people!

am i really a bad person if i dont want to do it...?

Just say you would rather hang out with Family during Thanksgiving. Unless your whole family to giving food to the poor?
logan
QUOTE(The Biz @ Nov 23 2006, 12:50 PM) [snapback]9956[/snapback]
t.o needs to die.

I don't like him, but I like Julius Jones [on my fantasy team] and Roy Williams. =D
Oompa
QUOTE(=BGOAT=Nicholas @ Nov 23 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]9960[/snapback]

Just say you would rather hang out with Family during Thanksgiving. Unless your whole family to giving food to the poor?

its just gonne be me my mom and my twin, then when were done were going to my ucles house w/ the huge italian family to party.
Jkidd
Cowboys beat the colts. smile.gif Happy thanksgiving everyone. Have a good one.
bleed
its just gonne be me my mom and my twin, then when were done were going to my ucles house w/ the huge italian family to party.

An italian/asian family.... hmmm...
logan
Yeah yeah yeah, Roy Williams just got an interception. :]
Duffers
Damned Staties and your late Thanksgiving...
!NEO!
happy thanksgiving to all! I'm playing ESPN Scene It! DVD Game with my family and playing Gears of War on my Xbox 360.
Gamb
Haooy Thanksgiving!
Gouldness
Haooy thanksgiving everyone.
skrattahögtmunk
I hope everyone had a haooy Thxgivin'....

Duffed, they had thaxgivin in Canada lolz?
Requiem
QUOTE(lol_Doughnut @ Nov 24 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]10151[/snapback]

I hope everyone had a haooy Thxgivin'....

Duffed, they had thaxgivin in Canada lolz?

Canada has thanksgiving in like October
skrattahögtmunk
QUOTE(Requiem @ Nov 24 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]10152[/snapback]

Canada has thanksgiving in like October

What the fuck for? Lol.

"YEah! Now we have thanksgiving!"
"why?"
"BECAUSE THE AMERICANS DO NOW STFU!"
Gamb
I know, I was looking at the calendar and I saw

Thanksgiving(CAN)

I'm like, "they have Thanksgiving, thiefs."
Rag™
Lol Duff i could see it right now,

We'd be on teamspeak then outa nowhere you'd be like "Haooy Thanksgiving!"
then I'd be "Uh, its October.."

but i never knew about Thanksgiving in Canada.
Requiem
QUOTE(Rag @ Nov 24 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]10170[/snapback]

Lol Duff i could see it right now,

We'd be on teamspeak then outa nowhere you'd be like "Haooy Thanksgiving!"
then I'd be "Uh, its October.."

but i never knew about Thanksgiving in Canada.

Ya we stole it n moved it to a differnet month so you guys wouldnt notice
Gamb
QUOTE(Requiem @ Nov 24 2006, 11:15 PM) [snapback]10172[/snapback]

Ya we stole it n moved it to a differnet month so you guys wouldnt notice

Bastards...
Duffers
U STOLL ORR HOLDEY! STOBB !
skrattahögtmunk
But I mean seriously, what the fuck are you guys celebrating on Thanksgiving?
logan
We celebrate the day the pilgrims ate turkey!
Gamb
QUOTE(Logan @ Nov 25 2006, 06:35 PM) [snapback]10215[/snapback]

We celebrate the day the pilgrims ate turkey in the colonies.

EDIT:

History Lesson...

The history of Thanksgiving in Canada goes back to an English explorer, Martin Frobisher, who had been trying to find a northern passage to the Orient. He did not succeed but he did establish a settlement in Canada. In the year 1578, he held a formal ceremony, in what is now the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, to give thanks for surviving the long journey. This is considered the first Canadian Thanksgiving, and the first Thanksgiving to have taken place in North America. Other settlers arrived and continued these ceremonies. Frobisher was later knighted and had an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean in northern Canada named after him — Frobisher Bay.

At the same time, French settlers, having crossed the ocean and arrived in Canada with explorer Samuel de Champlain, also held huge feasts of thanks. They even formed 'The Order of Good Cheer' and gladly shared their food with their Native-Canadian neighbours.

After the Seven Years' War ended in 1763 handing over New France to the British, the citizens of Halifax held a special day of Thanksgiving.

After the American Revolution, American refugees who remained loyal (United Empire Loyalists) to Great Britain were exiled from the United States and came to Canada. They brought the customs and practices of the American Thanksgiving to Canada, although as a liturgical festival Thanksgiving in Canada also corresponds to the English and continental European Harvest Festival, with churches decorated with cornucopias, pumpkins, corn, wheat sheaves and other harvest bounty, English and European harvest hymns sung on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend and scriptural lections drawn from the biblical stories relating to the Jewish harvest festival of Sukkot....

The rest here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Than...iving_in_Canada
=BGOAT= Ares
i could have sworn i wished everyone happy thanksgiving...i kno its too late now, but HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
.:Hack:.
We dont have Thanksgiving in Uk, cause we suck, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.