Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online For Ps2?, Could It Work?
=BGOAT= Forums > Tony Hawk Games > THP8/THDHJ > General
.:Hack:.
Linkage I doubt this would work, can anybody confirm this wont work, or explain how it would?
KEVON
it will work if it was all set up in a hidden menue, like debug... but you would need a server...
logan
K DOET MAN THSI WOULD OWN MEANING I WOULD HAVE OT BUY THP8 LOL

[Lol, some post from that forum.]

Anyways, it would be a pain in the ass to get to play online if it did work anyways, plus only a small amount of people would want (/be able) to get it to work, so there probably wouldnt be many people online playing, if you were online, so it would probably be not much fun. So in the end, its not worth it. IMO
bleed
Nope, and gameshark sucks anyways.
Harold
I think the PS2 version is just a port of the PS3 version.. ?

That's probably why that stuff is in the SLUS
=BGOAT=Nicholas
QUOTE(Harold @ Nov 21 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]9797[/snapback]
I think the PS2 version is just a port of the PS3 version.. ?

That's probably why that stuff is in the SLUS

But the PS3 version isnt online.... So why would it still be there?
bleed
Nah neversoft said they were working on both next gen consoles. I do hope the ps3 version isn't like the ps2. Because that one sucked
skrattahögtmunk
original written by tenkae

OK HERE'S THE REAL SKINNY ON THE ONLINE HACK, NO MORE RUMOR

i talked to biohacker (chase), pretty much THE guy as far as REAL thps hacking/programming (cept defeator).

he made a memory card gamesave exploit to enable LAN MODE!!!!!!!!!!! it pretty much potentially rapes your memory card, acts like everything is a netsave. you pretty much need his gamesave. there is NO gamespy coding ANYWHERE in the game, this explains the abscence of dnas.img. just as i expected, shaba used the old scripting and just disabled the net menus, didn't even bother to take it out, and didn't include any gamespy devkit stuff.

if you do a vpn, you can kinda call it online, but there is no gamespy server for thp8

oh and for whoever was in the group of 5 people in that server with chase, he says thanks for doing nail a trick while he was recording
P@T
yea ^^

so basically whats going on is there is a few files but not the whole package for online play . inorder for it to work someone would have to make a server for it , then hack the needed files to go with the files that are in the slus or were ever they said they found the net files then us some sort of cheat device (ex. gs) to view the online menus ... so basically a whole lotta not gunna happen ever is what it would take to get this going

umm hope that helped u hack on how it could work.. but im pretty sure it won't ever work and if im missing somthing in my little blurb about how it would work idc so please don't get all detailed n flam me for missing steps it seems to be what happens on the bgoat forums these days one spelling mistake n 400 post later about it ..

Requiem
QUOTE(P@T @ Nov 29 2006, 05:53 AM) [snapback]10564[/snapback]

idc so please don't get all detailed n flam me for missing steps it seems to be what happens on the bgoat forums these days one spelling mistake n 400 post later about it ..

Damn writes smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.