Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ps3 Scandal
=BGOAT= Forums > Other Gaming > Console/ Handheld Talk > Sony
Gouldness
So did anyone hear about this? I heard that the PS3 cannot play PS2 and PS1 games. Sony called it a "glitch" but a researcher leaked that the CEO told the developers to make it that way so people would buy more PS3 games. I also heard that they'll discontinue the making of PS2 and PS games altogether. And that ROCKSTAR has pulled its contract with sony so no GTA games on PS3.

This is just what I heard. Anyone else know anything?
BGOAT wiz
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me made up by some xbox fanboy or microsoft worker. lmao. I guess we shall see.
=BGOAT=Nicholas
This is totally fake... IGN.com and other sites have said they have played PS1 and PS2 games on a PS3. The only problems so far are that some games like 200 of the 1000+ PS1/PS2 games out have glitches like music wont play or loading screens dont show just little things that can be fixed with a system update. And Sony knows about these and have stated they will be fixed with the upcoming firmware updates. They plan on having it 100% backwards compatible.
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
lmao, it could be true. Since GTA IV is a xbox 360 exclusive. That's what Peter Moore said at E3 anyway.
BGOAT wiz
ya the GTA thing could be true. if so it't only because the people at rockstar aren't smart enough to be able to code games for the PS3. lmao.
=BGOAT=Nicholas
Lol. Im posting on here from my PS3!
BGOAT wiz
How does BGOAT.com look on a PS3?
KEVON
isnt gta 4 on ps3 to?

microsoft said exclusive downloadable content... wich rockstar said its available for the ps3 also...
FeRgY
QUOTE(KEVON @ Nov 17 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]9350[/snapback]
isnt gta 4 on ps3 to?
microsoft said exclusive downloadable content... wich rockstar said its available for the ps3 also...

Yes it is http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/

Requiem
QUOTE(Gouldness @ Nov 17 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]9322[/snapback]

I also heard that they'll discontinue the making of PS2 and PS games altogether.

They stopped making PS games!!!!! wtf when did that happen? Oh hey like 4 years ago, nvm. All my Ps2 games work on my Ps3 without problems so thats all that matters to me.
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
Nope, they said it's an Xbox 360 exclusive. Not exclusive downloadable content. LMAO! wtf
bleed
Well the website says Xbox 360, Xbox live (online?), Ps3, and it has the regular playsation logo, which is probably for playsation 2
FeRgY
Who is saying it's exclusive? Microsoft? They have no control over what platform a game goes to, unless it's bribery. If it really was exclusive, Rockstar would've made a public press release, as for now, they have stated it as for next gen consoles.
skrattahögtmunk
QUOTE(bleed @ Nov 18 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]9427[/snapback]

Well the website says Xbox 360, Xbox live (online?), Ps3, and it has the regular playsation logo, which is probably for playsation 2

The "regular" logo is just the PS family logo. PS1-PS3. It would say PS2.

And Ken is once again, pulling shit out of his ass. He/some other random 360 fanboyz are the only personz say this. If not, Rockstar, Gamepro, Gamespot, and a bunch of other places are lying. Besides, why wouldn't R* release it on the PS3? No direct competition. This would be VERY stupid on R*'s part for it to be 360 exclusive.
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
QUOTE(lol_Doughnut @ Nov 18 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]9440[/snapback]

The "regular" logo is just the PS family logo. PS1-PS3. It would say PS2.

And Ken is once again, pulling shit out of his ass. He/some other random 360 fanboyz are the only personz say this. If not, Rockstar, Gamepro, Gamespot, and a bunch of other places are lying. Besides, why wouldn't R* release it on the PS3? No direct competition. This would be VERY stupid on R*'s part for it to be 360 exclusive.

ARE YOU STUPID? WATCH THE MICROSOFT E3 CONFERENCE YOU IDIOT! Peter moore said it's a xbox 360 exclusive. He is like the president of microsoft.
FeRgY
QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Nov 18 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]9442[/snapback]

ARE YOU STUPID? WATCH THE MICROSOFT E3 CONFERENCE YOU IDIOT! Peter moore said it's a xbox 360 exclusive. He is like the president of microsoft.

Proof of Microsoft retardedness. I'll add this to the Steve Ballmer incident.
.:Hack:.
QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Nov 18 2006, 09:03 PM) [snapback]9442[/snapback]

''Rockstar North received their PlayStation3 game developers kit in August 2005 and have since then been working on a brand new game engine for what the October issue of PSM is calling, a next-gen GTA title. Eye-candy aside, they are supposedly aiming to create a photo-realistic city for GTA 4.''

From here.

Rockstar North is creating a specialized game engine for PS3 that will bring GTA 4 to life to a degree that PS2 games could only hint at. Specifically, they're going to be using the high data transfer bandwidth of the Cell CPU, RSX GPU, and Blu-ray Disc to use several streams of game info simultaneously. The game's city - unfortunately yet to be even hinted at - will still be free roaming and seamless, but broken down into smaller, more deatailed areas at the engine level, into which the game designers are going to be able to pour more textures, more oject variety, and tons of details (such as discareded soda cans with their own physics), just for starters. The goal is a city that's less repetitive and where everything - and everyone - looks and acts more like they would in the real world on every level."
-- PSM Magazine USA, November 2005

Who is saying it's exclusive? Microsoft? They have no control over what platform a game goes to, unless it's bribery. If it really was exclusive, Rockstar would've made a public press release, as for now, they have stated it as for next gen consoles - FeRgY

microsoft said exclusive downloadable content... wich rockstar said its available for the ps3 also... - KEVON

And also, what reason do they have exclude ps3?
Embro
Uhh Ken...Its exlusive content....he said that at e3..........
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
well, i know for sure he said "WE GET GTA BEFORE ANYONE ELSE" in the E3 conference. And i heard exclusive. so maybe he did say content. oh well, at least 360 gets content. LMAO!
skrattahögtmunk
QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Nov 18 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]9442[/snapback]

ARE YOU STUPID? WATCH THE MICROSOFT E3 CONFERENCE YOU IDIOT!

YES I AM STUPID?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.