Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The History Of The Tony Hawk Games
=BGOAT= Forums > General > General > General
=BGOAT= water
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3958..._hawks_pro_.php

theres 5 pages.
GlitchMasterBiz
Sadly enough, i couldn't bare to read the full article. It is just another reminder that after this year, TH may just be dead and left as a memory. Fuck you EA for making a gay ass zero fun version of TH. EA i feel has planted the seed of destruction to the TH games. May all of EA die in a horribly good ol' fashionable death.

EDIT: Also, a big fuck you to harmonix for creating Guitar Hero giving Neversoft a new focus that made them blindside the TH series.

.....I still don't like Andy so with my other fuck yous, Andy, your a pompous asshat with a faggot attitude thinking your big shit bc you got into Neversoft by being the "Best" News flash, real life game of skate or TH style, i would fuck your whole day up, so step in the ring mother fucker. The challenge has been on the table since THUG2, yet you always block me on AIM. Exactly like i told you, WTF were you thinking with THP8? Use that as motivation you little prick.
skrattahögtmunk
QUOTE (GlitchMasterBiz @ Mar 11 2009, 01:56 PM) *
Sadly enough, i couldn't bare to read the full article. It is just another reminder that after this year, TH may just be dead and left as a memory. Fuck you EA for making a gay ass zero fun version of TH. EA i feel has planted the seed of destruction to the TH games. May all of EA die in a horribly good ol' fashionable death.

EDIT: Also, a big fuck you to harmonix for creating Guitar Hero giving Neversoft a new focus that made them blindside the TH series.

.....I still don't like Andy so with my other fuck yous, Andy, your a pompous asshat with a faggot attitude thinking your big shit bc you got into Neversoft by being the "Best" News flash, real life game of skate or TH style, i would fuck your whole day up, so step in the ring mother fucker. The challenge has been on the table since THUG2, yet you always block me on AIM. Exactly like i told you, WTF were you thinking with THP8? Use that as motivation you little prick.

I think your "fuck you"s are directed in the wrong direction.
The tony hawk games had the same basic formula for 9 goddamn games. Shit, even the final fantasy series found ways to mix up a stagnant genre enough to warrant a long life.

Neversoft had a monopoly on skateboarding games and they blew it. They made rehash after rehash until there was a new game on the block and people bought that shit up. It could have been the worst game in the world (it's not, really, fuck off with your fanboyism) and people would have purchased it, if only because it's new. This could have worked with neversoft, they could have experimented a bit. Yeah the first few might have been shitty but people who were desperate enough to play a skating game would buy enough copies to warrant a sequel.

But rather, Neversoft did what would be the series' demise, and that was play it safe. For years they got away with the same game with new trick animations and a minor gameplay change.

And blame Activison for giving gh to neversoft.
Don't blame Harmonix for making a popular game series that got ripped from them.

EDIT: hi guys
GlitchMasterBiz
Harmonix can lick big nuts. 1. They got bought by MTV its not Activisions fault.. 2. Its may be a popular game series but it is a faggot game series. YAYYY PLASTIC GUITARZ I R TEH BADASS!!!111 The only ppl i can say are boss at GH is Ging, and thats because he is beastly. It was fun for the first few songs. Once i moved up to Expert, it became a lemon. Finally, No, im never blaming Activision. Why blame a company with years of being the number 1 publisher/developer for how many years? IMO: Neversoft didn't fuck the series up, people who never appreciated the series fucked it up.
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
people who continually bought the same shitty games fucked up
HubCAp_
QUOTE (=bgizzoat=ukjmn @ Mar 12 2009, 03:53 PM) *
people who continually bought the same shitty games fucked up

Exactly. They couldn't have made it if it wasn't for us dumbasses.
Jkidd
I think that them trying to go more realistic was what made the games go down...at least for me it was. Like back in THUG when at the end of the game you had to do Eric's line, but you had to grind on top of the bridge. Not realistic but they wanted you to do it. Now I think that they just wanted it to be more of a "Real skateboarding games" like skate but Skate was awful IMO...couldn't even get off your board and if you got stuck on a patch of grass..forget it
MrHappy
But, how ever you look at it Tony Hawks games are over and Skate took it's place.

GlitchMasterBiz
Never. Skate sucks ass. People will want TH back once its gone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.