Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neversoft Not Making Hawk 10?
=BGOAT= Forums > Tony Hawk Games > THPS-HD > General
=BGOAT= water
and i quote from planettonyhawk.com

"My last news post talked about Neversoft and their involvement in Hawk 10, which is now postponed until 2009 at the earliest. I don't need to reiterate it all, just read below. Anyways, Kotaku linked to a Giant Bombcast which discusses this very thing. I wasn't prepared to listen to 100+ minutes of these guys talking, however interesting it may be. Kotaku surmises it quickly and states that they state that Neversoft won't be developing Hawk 10! They say that the project was going to be handed over to "Robomodo, a new studio consisting of former EA Chicago staffers. A studio who are currently 'working on a project for Activision.'"

Wow...that would be big news IMO. I've loved the handheld versions of Hawk, but console titles not developed by NS haven't really been my cup o'tea. Of course, we're looking at a major rehaul here, so who knows? I wouldn't consider this official and I doubt Activision will verify or even comment on this one, but it's newsworthy and I thought you might like to know. Thoughts on this? Could be good! Could be bad! *shrug*"

=BGOAT= Ares
i dont know...i loved THPS1 2 and 3, even 4 was great.

i couldnt imagine a TH game without the Neversoft eyeball making an appearance in the opening.
skrattahögtmunk
EA Chicago made some cool games, though they mostly did fighting games.

Maybe the next Tony Hawk game will just be a very detailed fighting sim that has you playing as Mike Vallely fighting every mother fucker who calls you a "skater fag"

I sure hope there's a skateboarding minigame
Gamb
QUOTE (lol_Doughnut @ Jun 6 2008, 04:35 PM) *
EA Chicago made some cool games, though they mostly did fighting games.

Maybe the next Tony Hawk game will just be a very detailed fighting sim that has you playing as Mike Vallely fighting every mother fucker who calls you a "skater fag"

I sure hope there's a skateboarding minigame

The real gameplay is just tetris with just fancy graphics.
BGOAT wiz
Well I doubt this is entirely true. However considering that Neversoft is now doing GH games and the GH games make a buttload of more money then the TH games are it is plausible. Have the better team work on the better game. However w/ that said I don't beleieve that they would through a project like TH onto a new studio and say here make it work. that doesn't make sense. what does make sense is that there working on the ports or the DS version. I guess time will tell but it doesn't make much sense to have a new developing studio work on a game from scratch.

HubCAp_
QUOTE (=BGOAT= Ares @ Jun 6 2008, 02:11 PM) *
i couldnt imagine a TH game without the Neversoft eyeball making an appearance in the opening.

So true.
GlitchMasterBiz
Damn, no neversoft. Sad face/happy face. sad face bc neversoft is my home boys for th games. happy face bc maybe finally someone will make ps2 online th...?
=BGOAT= water
is neversoft doesnt make it then bgoat doesnt get invited to play it sad.gif
BGOAT wiz
Not entirely true. it's not up to neversoft who gets to go there to play the game. it's up to activision and activisions pr department. Remember Activision basically owns Neversoft and just tells them what to do. Although I don't know where this new company is located so that may be a problem.
GlitchMasterBiz
so neversoft is not with the next th.... damn now i have to do research on this company to see if ill like what they do.

EDIT: for wiz, there based in Chicago, IL. there site, it isnt special at all but eh, Robomodo.com

NOTE: on the site it says that they are workin on a new project for Activision, so this can most likely be th 10. On another note; http://jobs.gamasutra.com/Jobseekerx/ViewC...yProfileID=3481 there job profile site. they have over 30 employees and are seeking more. if they were lookin for a webmaster or gametester, i wouldve signed up but eh there just lookin for more developers and shit.
HubCAp_
Say goodbye to BGOAT in the game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.