Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Tony Hawk Game In 08
=BGOAT= Forums > Tony Hawk Games > THPS-HD > General
BGOAT wiz
Thats right folks no Tony Hawk game this year. since the "innovation Plan" means that they are making the game once again from the ground up there working harder on the game to make it worth while. and since Skate took round 1 lets hope this means that the comback will be great and the next Tony Hawk game will win the rematch. there will be a DS game coming out later this year but thats it. More news at http://www.planettonyhawk.com and http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/tony-hawk-...-from-consoles/ this is bad news for these forums and other TH fan sites because right about now were buzzing w/ atleast some type of info to get us pumped about the next game. so it looks like the slow times around here will continue for quite sometime.....
GlitchMasterBiz
well goddamnit, they wouldnt have to build it from the ground up if they just give us the best features we want back resulting in a great game and no rebuilding. its bulletproof.
BGOAT wiz
No they do... you know why... because they saw the success that skate had over them so now they need to go back to the drawing board and redo the physics engine and shit so it will be more like skate. You watch the next TH game will be very similar to Skate as far as physics go and graphics, perhaps not controls and then have the same features as current games. Giving them 2 years though is kinda good. ya it's bad for this site but it may be great for the series. give people a break and when it comes back out the game should be 200% better. if they still fail then theres going to be problems. I foresee the next game being amazing I think we will get everything we want back and more atleast we better if we're waiting for 2 years. Only way to know is to wait and see. It's going to be a long slow road but I think it will be worth the wait. We will just have to find other things to do in the mean time. Maybe we can go back to a few of the older games and try to find things to post in the databases or something while we wait.
HubCAp_
Ya i posted an updated DNS to all ps2 th games from THPS4 - THAW.
Harold
They really need to recognize the fact that they killed their own online community when they put out THAW. Some people still have only dail-up. After that, they pretty much put online on the xbox and kept it like that. I really think that was a mistake. Here we are 3 years later, still living on and "growing" if you want to say it like that, but not nearly as quick we used to.

To be honest, every game after THUG was a serious let down, and THUG was the first game I had played in the series.

I guess this is a good thing, but I really stress the fact that they need to do something with it's almost non-existent online community. Neversoft needs to stop sitting on their hands and realize that SKATE has made a revolution and putting out the same crap for 4 years is not going to cut it with that sort of competition.
Oompa
^agreed with everything said there...I played thps4 first though.

I'm glad they're taking their time with this one though. the final product should turn out a lot better because of this.

plus this gives me time to catch up and play proving ground.
GlitchMasterBiz
i totally agree with the online community. most people like me have ps2 and are trying to save up for a ps3 or whatnot but its taking a while to do so. People still play ps2, xbox, etc. why disinclude all of those games with no online and just mainly worry about nexgen? sure nexgen is great and it is whats considered hot right now but build the community up once again, there are not fans out there that just play it on nex gen, if they would only start ps2 online once again, they would have most of their community back. Dont focus on one thing and make another crap, like last years proving ground. Im very happy with the way pg for ps2 has turned out thank god for page 44 bc shaba wasnt cutting it. but like i said, focus on it as one, not as it is two subjects; nex gen, and last gen.
BGOAT wiz
putting it online for the PS2 won't get any of there fan base back. there would be just as few people playing online on that as there would be for the next gen version. also no one plays xbox anymore and developers don't even make games for it anymore period. Also I wouldn't expect to see the next game to even be released on last gen consoles. you figure it's going to be 2 years from now basically there not going to waste there time. (maybe but I doubt it). The problem is when the game is released. it's released at the end of the year when everything else is being released and since it's $60 for a game and the economy has been crap lately people buy other games that are more popular like GTA, Halo, COD, Etc. The online for PG was fine it's just the fan base went down because Neversoft has been using the same formula for the past 9 years every year. I think this break is a double edged sword it's good because the game should be better developed and more in depth and just an overall better game. however it gives the Tony Hawk fan base time to get bored and move on like most of them have. But on the flip side it could also mean that new people will join as well. I dunno I guess the only thing we can do is wait and hope for the best and hopefully by then Biz you will have a next gen console. lmao.
GlitchMasterBiz
yay for cracking jokes at my poorness. not everyone can get things handed to them or has a job right now...

anyway, fuck tony hawk anyway i'm starting to get sick of the games going downhill every year, and if this next game is a disappointment, i'm really considering resigning bgoat.
Harold
QUOTE (=BGOAT=Biz @ May 16 2008, 12:03 PM) *
yay for cracking jokes at my poorness. not everyone can get things handed to them or has a job right now...

anyway, fuck tony hawk anyway i'm starting to get sick of the games going downhill every year, and if this next game is a disappointment, i'm really considering resigning bgoat.

You in fo' life.

I feel bad for you biz because you never actually got to get a feel of the online community. It was pretty much half dead before you came along.

Do you know what tXo was? (don't google it, just a yes a or no) Just wondering. I don't exactly remember when you came along.
=BGOAT= water
QUOTE (ハロルド @ May 16 2008, 04:56 PM) *
You in fo' life.

I feel bad for you biz because you never actually got to get a feel of the online community. It was pretty much half dead before you came along.

Do you know what tXo was? (don't google it, just a yes a or no) Just wondering. I don't exactly remember when you came along.

he came around when i did.

i never got the online comunity either sad.gif((
BGOAT wiz
In the THPS4 days the online community was very large. I had to have 2 ps2's and 2 THPS4's online to have enough room for all the BGOAT's online. there were always people on all times of day and night atleast 10 rooms or more at any given time. ya it doesn't sound as huge as the online communities today but for a ps2 game and a Tony Hawk game it was pretty impressive. After TxO died it all pretty much went down hill. Anyways the community was huge back then.
=BGOAT= water
WHAT IS TXO?!?!?!?!
GlitchMasterBiz
yea i know what tXo was. also, i got in bgoat around thaw, thats about the same time i got online play aswell. it was a nice little hunt for a online adapter for my fatass ps2 lol and when i finally get it, neversoft blows me off! FTW!
wut wut
Thaw bgoat was pretty dead.
THPS4/THUG were the days.

With Zeebra and all the others.

Lol @ p0iz, Beckz
GlitchMasterBiz
lmfao i remember becky lmfao! thats all i can say to describe her; LMFAO!!11eleven
=BGOAT= water
im still outta the loop here.

TxO?
wut wut
thugXonline
Harold
QUOTE (=BGOAT= water @ May 18 2008, 09:51 AM) *
im still outta the loop here.

TxO?

It was basically the most famous clan out there. They had a really good relation with Neversoft. AndyTHPS was in tXo, so there was naturally a connection between the two. If you noticed, in THUG2, there were sticker slaps that said tXo on them. This is where they came from.

Anyways, I barely remember those clans from back in the day... aSS, xt, bi0, GLITCH, GC, sin, and so many others.

BGOAT is probably one of if not THE longest surviving thps clan out there.

I remember when everyone used to have a modded a CAS. What good days. There was some guy who used to go around parading in the THUG lobbies from tXo with his modded CAS's and stuff, but I've forgotten his name. It was like idem or imod.. something like that.

biz, you may have been around when txo was still "alive," but the THPS community was already dead halfway into THUG2. That's one of the reasons benns0n (txo's leader) disbanded it, it wasn't going to be a good future investment. If I recall correctly, he transfered all his work towards some clothing store with the help of some of the clan members.
wut wut
They still do CAR ( createareview )
They also had a decent glitch databse.. And also had many competitions.
BGOAT wiz
TxO doesn't do createareview. however it is done by former TxO members. also the clothing line was a side project which was also included in a few of the TH games.
Oompa
I remember that i was in glitch. I was around in the community in the final days of large activity. I'm probably somehow responsible for killing it XD
HubCAp_
i'm glad i got online when Thps4/Thug came out. Man how active it was. Now its done on ps2. Listening to the songs in the game and playing the maps that were filled reminds me of some good times.
Harold
QUOTE (HubCAp_ @ May 19 2008, 06:40 PM) *
i'm glad i got online when Thps4/Thug came out. Man how active it was. Now its done on ps2. Listening to the songs in the game and playing the maps that were filled reminds me of some good times.

I don't really like the songs, but man do they bring back memories.
=BGOAT= Ares
i have the solution that will save tony hawk games....

complete and utter customization

from your character to the surroundings
GlitchMasterBiz
QUOTE (=BGOAT= Ares @ May 30 2008, 03:09 AM) *
i have the solution that will save tony hawk games....

complete and utter customization

from your character to the surroundings

ares! hello bay bay, havnt seen you in a while lol. but yeah i agree, that would stop the games from going downhill and it would rid people of dissapointment bc the only thing they could be dissapointed in, is themselves, bc its like they made the game lol.
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
god. i miss waking up in the morning and being eager to get online and play with everyone. i remember being bummed out when i would be stuck the secondary bgoat room instead of the one with wiz and nick etc. i cant even remember what the pw always was its been so long since things were so legit
GlitchMasterBiz
yea, i miss the old days too sad.gif i remember all those veterns that were around. neXus, Basic, TERRIBLE, damn man, i remember them all. Dylan and i were just talking about those golden days yesterday. man those were the days...*ponders*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.