Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 11/9/07 The Way It Is
=BGOAT= Forums > General > General > News
BGOAT wiz
Well bgoat as a clan is now about 5 years old. We started shortly after THPS4 was released in 2002 and have been glitching strong since with over 3,900 glitches thoughout 6 games not including THDJ. Thats pretty good. Well come April 5th the BGOAT.com website will be 5 years old as well. Here's the bad news. I spend about $500 on the websites each year w/ all there hosting and domain names.
Bgoat.com about $250+ a year + $10 for domain name
bgoatclan.com about $120 a year + $10 for domain name
th-glitchdatabase.com about $100 a year + $10 for domain name
th-gd + $10 for domain name

The TH-gd.com name isn;t important but w/e There also some other domain names I woned that I had to give up.

Right now my Wife is out of work but working on getting into another job. that leaves just my income to cover 2 car payments cable, phone, cell phones, and other bills and groceries. She is getting an unemployment check but it doesn't cover much. So come April 5th unless by some miracle I get enough money to cover the websites for the year I will have to close the site down. First will be BGOAT.com then Bgoatclan.com then I believe TH-glitchdatabase.com. Those are the 3 sites I have hosting w/. and of course theres other web domains asscoiated w/ those hosts and those will be gone to. I will not have ad's to deface the website and even if I did they wouldn't make enough to cover the costs. To some this is prolly good news to others such as myself this is very sad news. This website and it's members has brought me a lot of joy and excitment and a feeling of acheivement especially considering it was the sole reason I got to go to Neversoft the past couple years to meet the wonderful people there and even some pro skaters and allowed me to play the games before they were released and get the games for free.
So basically I don't have enough money to keep the website going and still pay all my bills. I am not asking anyone here for there money because it's not your responsibility and we wouldn't be able to raise enough to make a dent anyways. I will make all the backups I can so if by some chance I get money in the future I can put the site back up. But as of right now it looks like the site will close on or shortly after April 5th 2008 unless by some miracle I can get enough money to cover the cost each year. Maybe we can all email Neversoft or activision see if they can help out. But why would they want to help out a site that points out the bugs in there games. I will continue to run the site and add glitches and updates. Speaking of which I will have more glitches added later this afternoon.
Sorry for the bad news guys and NO this is not an early April fools joke. Notice on the main page of bgoat.com the page name is pnb2010. that stands for project new blue and 2010 was a year I had planned on closing the site if Tony Hawk games didn't continue to satisfy. I guess I will have to cut 2 years off that time. If you have $500 that you want to donate fell free to do so. I am posting this now so it will give people a heads up and so people won;t think it's just an April foosl joke if I waited until April.
logan
Well shit.
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
geocities!
BGOAT wiz
Geocities has ads for one little webspace and doesn't have mysql database abilities for the glitch database or anything like that. free sites suck balls.
GlitchMasterBiz
i can most likely donate 200$ every march every year.
BGOAT wiz
Biz you barely have enough money to pay attention. I am not going to take your money especially not that much. I am gonna see about trying to consolidate the 3 hosting plans I have into one. problem is the databases for the forums, glitches, and darksides are all on the bgoatclan.com server and most of the rest of the stuff is on the bgoat.com server. so I would need to keep both domain names but if I can somehow combined them onto one server that would work. I just dunno how. lol. but it would still cost me money that I don't have.
=BGOAT=FoG
Why don't you get rid of both th-gd domains and the bgoatclan.com domain and stick with the BGOAT.com domain. also, host everything on one server instead of three different servers.
BGOAT wiz
thats a good idea but it's not the names that effect me it's the hosting. I have to keep the names because a lot of things are linked to those names. and the bgoatclan.com hosting houses the databases and such. the th-gd ones I could get rid of prolly no problem maybe lose a few linked things but nothing that can't be fixed easy enough. we will see what happens.
KEVON
everybody, submit videos to break.com! get 400 dollars if its good.... thats almost a month...

now im not into website stuff, but close the unnecessary ones, keep the bgoat.com address and have it go to the forums, ake a new section in these forums where the glitches can be posted, like the current ones...
=BGOAT= water
This really sucks bro. Wiz there has to be something that can be done.
but if nothing can be done. I respect your decision.
Requiem
Wiz you should email ur buddies at Neversoft. Tell them what's going on and see if they would sponsor the site.

It could happen smile.gif
TaK
^^^ ya seriously, if there willing to fly you down there to play there games and talk to them they gotta want you and this site to stick around.
Oompa
^ i was going to suggest something like that. even if the chances arent great that it will work, i say its worth a try.
TaK
and dont think they dont like it that you find bugs in there game. they go around looking at the videos and looking at sites like this to see what they missed or messed up on. they gain off sites like this so they know that that glitch or bug wont be overlooked in there next creations.
Requiem
QUOTE(TaK @ Nov 9 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]27432[/snapback]
and dont think they dont like it that you find bugs in there game. they go around looking at the videos and looking at sites like this to see what they missed or messed up on. they gain off sites like this so they know that that glitch or bug wont be overlooked in there next creations.

Neversoft should just let us download the full games early, and let us find all the glitchs (well the major ones atleast) so they can then fix them before the games are officially released.

HubCAp_
QUOTE(Requiem @ Nov 9 2007, 08:20 PM) [snapback]27433[/snapback]
Neversoft should just let us download the full games early, and let us find all the glitchs (well the major ones atleast) so they can then fix them before the games are officially released.

can somebody say pirated. But seriously. Someone would just get it and pirate it all over the internet. Or just get it from the mail.
logan
Or sell pirated music/movies/progs to pay for the site?

smile.gif
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
i was joking wiz...
Duffers
Let's have a Bake Sale!
Harold
WORKIN' AT THE CAR WASH BABY
wut wut
Go hard harold
bleed
if you deliver pizzas you make alot of money. Just saying. It works for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.