Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trip To La Part 2. The Game
=BGOAT= Forums > Tony Hawk Games > THPG > General
BGOAT wiz
Well Thursday morning we got shuttled to the Neversoft office which from the outside looks like any ole office type building. there is no sign of a neversoft sign what so ever. The reason being they don't want just any ole person knocking on the door asking if Bam or Tony or w/e is there. Once inside though there is a larger then life spiderman and under that a nice looking neversoft sign. As we walk into the motion capture studio the motion capture floor was filled w/ like 10 tv's all having THPG on them. most were on the 360 but there were some PS3 versions which Nick and I jumped on. First we got a chort run thru of the game and some viewing of the new features from Chad Findley.... so we started it up and it had a debug menu so I sintally unlocked all the levels and gave myself some mad cash. after skating around for a bit I placed some rigger objects in the level to try to help me glitch. Here's some things to take into consideration. 1. there's like ob walls behind everything so CGing will just reset you as if you bailed. LFg's which I got into a few times when placing an object close to the wall. once your in the LFG however it will automatically reset you into the level after about 5 or 10 seconds. so those glitches will have to be rethought in order to do them. After messing around w/ that a bit I decided to go to the Skatelounge Here is where a lot of glitches can be found. most of them are just placing objects close to others and getting between them and turning to get pushed into them. Just like every other Tony Hawk game w/ a cap editor. Now Glitching aside I will say the game looks great, it plays great, and overgreat. Yes I know I said thisu'hP8as I did this game. Being able to place objects anywhere in the level is amazing and opens some great oppurtunities to glitch. even glitching aside it makes for some nice customization. Although I didn;'t personally mess we/ the video editor we did get a indepth glimpse at it and I will say that after I play the game thru and get some good glitches this will prolly be my home away from home in the game. nail the manual and nail the grab are just as awesome as NTT was. no more ragdoll brake bones system which is nice. Over all after all the time I got to have on this game I can honestly say this game will be great for both playing, replaying, and glitching. If you don;t have a next gen console go get one now so you will be ready when this game comes out. We all ready have 3 glitches in our database and there will be tons more to find. Nick will prolly have more to add considcering I forget things easily. Also be looking out for a demo sometime soon.
Oompa
are you expecting a lot of people to comaplin about how unrealistic it is when it comes out?
BGOAT wiz
No... Although Tony Hawk games are known for there unrealisticness as most of us know you can also play it realistically. this stays true to THPG. you can play it realistically if you want and for the most part it seems pretty sweet. it doesn't limit you to just being realistic like some other game that I know of to be released soon.
Oompa
QUOTE(ROOK Master wiz @ Aug 12 2007, 10:51 PM) [snapback]24833[/snapback]
it doesn't limit you to just being realistic like some other game that I know of to be released soon.

tee hee...
GlitchMasterBiz
QUOTE(Oompa @ Aug 12 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]24834[/snapback]
tee hee...

no no no oomp its "he he he giggle"
bleed
Is there an autokick option that you can turn off? I find thats the only way to really skate like in real life. And what are the bail animations like?
=BGOAT=FoG
I can't wait to get my hands on the THPG demo. I'm grabbing the BioShock demo as we speak. Planning on getting the COD4 Multiplayer beta, And playing Gears of War (Glitching it as well of course). I'm so glad I bought my 360 (: I am going to be set for the rest of summer and beyond biggrin.gif
GlitchMasterBiz
Yeah yeah fog rub it in sad.gif
BGOAT wiz
Not sure about the autokick thing. however you only really go fast w/ the aggro kick. as for the bail animations I didn't pay to much attention to them but they didn't seem like the ragdoll animations of ole.
HubCAp_
Did you mess with the story line at all? Or just use debug and go through all of the levels?
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
QUOTE(=BGOAT=FoG @ Aug 12 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]24841[/snapback]
I can't wait to get my hands on the THPG demo. I'm grabbing the BioShock demo as we speak. Planning on getting the COD4 Multiplayer beta, And playing Gears of War (Glitching it as well of course). I'm so glad I bought my 360 (: I am going to be set for the rest of summer and beyond biggrin.gif

Hell ya.. COD4 BETA. I am gonna be on that shit right there. Since it is a Public Beta.
BGOAT wiz
I was to busy trying to glitch. I did not go thru any of the story line or try any of the goals. Nick may have though.
=BGOAT= water
wiz did they "re" motion capture the pros or did they use the same data from THP*?
GlitchMasterBiz
Nah, i asked nick he kinda stayed away from the story. He said he like played one goal haha. I asked nick about the mo-cap and he said he dont know. He said his guess would be they used same as last year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.