Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xbox 360 Or Ps3
=BGOAT= Forums > General > General > General
logan
I have about $200 right now, but I'm gonna withdraw some money out of my bank account as I need it to pay for a console, but I'll put the money back in. So, I was wondering what console you guys think I should get...

I was looking at the 360 because.. it's cheaper, most of my friends have them and we could play together, and they just had a $50 price drop on the premium Xbox 360. So now it's only $349.99.

I was looking at the PS3 because.. it has more features, it's better in general, but it's hella expensive.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
[I guess I'm leaning more towards 360 as of now.]
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
QUOTE(logan @ Jul 29 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]24331[/snapback]
I have about $200 right now, but I'm gonna withdraw some money out of my bank account as I need it to pay for a console, but I'll put the money back in. So, I was wondering what console you guys think I should get...

I was looking at the 360 because.. it's cheaper, most of my friends have them and we could play together, and they just had a $50 price drop on the premium Xbox 360. So now it's only $349.99.

I was looking at the PS3 because.. it has more features, it's better in general, but it's hella expensive.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
[I guess I'm leaning more towards 360 as of now.]

get the 360. Has more and better games then the Ps3. Not too mention all the insane games coming out for it within a year..

Halo 3
COD4
Assassin's Creed
GTA IV
Half-Life 2: The orange Box
Project Gotham Racing 4
Unreal Tournament 3
Fable 2
BioShock
Soul Calibur IV

and many more
wut wut
I thought the 360 was gay asfuq. But once you buy it, its less lag, more games, you can store movies + music on the hard drive. You can emulate SNES, NES.
BMW+QG+
both...lol umm i would say idk bcuz ive never tried a 360 cuz i bought a ps3 so you decide i mean theyre both good and the ps3 is coming out with over 200 game titles this fall and the 360 has a bunch of awesome exclusives...so YOU decide
bleed
I'd get both, which is what I plan on doing. 360 for my birthday and ps3 in a 6-8 weeks
BGOAT wiz
Well. the sbox 360 has a good amount of games right now yes. xbl is pretty cool w/ the acheivments. however look at the xbox. does anyone make games for it anymore? I mean compared to the PS2. so if this is any sign of the 360's future I would bank on the PS3. it also depends on what you want it for. Ps3 might not have the number of games as of yet but it will. it also has a bigger hard drive unless you get the new 360 elite which is basically a wannabe PS3. the PS3 also can play high def blu ray movies. to do that on the 360 it will cost ya an extra $200. the PS3 has built in wirless internet. 360 that'll cost another $100. and then you have all these attachments not to mention the hideous gray power brick which is literally the size of a brick.

You also might want to take in to consideration the failure rate of the 360 and how hard it is to get media onto it. where as the 360 takes most of the popular current memory sticks and has easy usb connection recognition.. all in all I would say the ps3 even though games for the 360 has numbers the PS3 is a better all around console and just keeps getting better. Remember you get what you pay for.
=BGOAT=FoG
QUOTE(ROOK Master wiz @ Jul 29 2007, 10:33 PM) [snapback]24349[/snapback]
not to mention the hideous gray power brick which is literally the size of a brick.

logan
GAHHH!!!

I dunno what to get. I want a PS3 but I'm kinda scared cause I don't wanna take that much money out for it.

GAHHH!!!

I dunno what to get. I want a PS3 but I'm kinda scared cause I don't wanna take that much money out for it.
wut wut
OMG

FAST REPLY GLITCHLOL

OMG

FAST REPLY GLITCHLOL

OMG

FAST REPLY GLITCHLOL

OMG

FAST REPLY GLITCHLOL
Jkidd
haha...you don't wanna take out that much money for it? Well then you dont want it bad enough..

haha...you don't wanna take out that much money for it? Well then you dont want it bad enough..
logan
I DUNNO WHAT TO GETTTT!!!

I want both for various reasons, but I can't afford both.
bleed
get the ps3 now, but dont tell anyone about it, then see if you can't get a 360 for xmas
logan
QUOTE(ROOK Master wizard @ Jul 30 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]24376[/snapback]
PS3, PS3, PS3, PS3, PS3....

Who's this poser?

[It's official. I'm getting a PS3. Thanks for your help guys! smile.gif ]
.:Hack:.
You made a great choice, and it will only get bertter for the ps3 from now on.

QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Jul 29 2007, 08:30 PM) [snapback]24333[/snapback]
get the 360. Has more and better games then the Ps3. Not too mention all the insane games coming out for it within a year..

Halo 3
COD4
Assassin's Creed
GTA IV
Half-Life 2: The orange Box
Project Gotham Racing 4
Unreal Tournament 3
Fable 2
BioShock
Soul Calibur IV

and many more

More games because its been out a year so no suprize there.
And COD4, Assasins Creed, GTAVI, Unreal torniment 3 (ps3 timed exclusive), and soul caliber are all on the ps3 aswell, not sure about others.

QUOTE(Dylan @ Jul 29 2007, 08:31 PM) [snapback]24334[/snapback]
I thought the 360 was gay asfuq. But once you buy it, its less lag, more games, you can store movies + music on the hard drive. You can emulate SNES, NES.

Its been proved xbox has more lag, and you can store music movies photos on the ps3 alot easier, with any memory stick, usb, or duo cards. The ps3 is meant for media not just games.

And just to finish, heres some of the best ps3 exclusives coming:

-Eight days
-Final Fantasy XIII
-God of War 3
-Grand Turismo 5
-Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
-Killzone 3
-Lair
-Little Big Planet
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma
-Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

-Silent Hill 5
-Socom 4
-Tekken 6
-The Eye of Judgment
-The Getaway
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
-Warhawk

Timed exclusivs
-Haze
-Unreal torniment 3
XolrecX
Just get PS3, most people I know who have a 360, also want a ps3...

In the long run youll have alot more fun with a PS3.. not to mention we all grew up playing the TH series on a PS2...
logan
I got my PS3 now. =]
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
wow who was the fanboy that changed the votes? lol, but ya PS3 will never surpass 360. Sorry, they have to make good games first.
Oompa
should have made a both option. =]
logan
QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Jul 30 2007, 10:33 PM) [snapback]24394[/snapback]
wow who was the fanboy that changed the votes? lol, but ya PS3 will never surpass 360. Sorry, they have to make good games first.

A Fanboy calling someone else a fanboy. Hmmm.
Oompa
i dont think either system will surpass the other...not in my mind at least because theyre both fun to play.

and i do think it's funny that the 360's insanely-amazing-holiday line-up, consists of mostly multiplatform games 0.o
BGOAT wiz
Well the PS3 was winning anyways by like 4 votes. then someone changed it to 11 to 4 so I figured since it was all ready being rigged I would just go all out. lmao. but ya the PS3 votes were winning anyways. no surprise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.