Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playstation 3 Pictures
=BGOAT= Forums > Other Gaming > Console/ Handheld Talk > Sony
Pages: 1, 2
=BGOAT=Nicholas
IGN.com has a pretty nice gallery of PS3 images just thought Id share the information.

Check it
BGOAT wiz
Looks bad ass to me. good call Nick.

FeRgY
These were taken at Leipzig Gaming Convention in Germany, Sony refused to plug in the console because they have a "surprise". Also, a new Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer was released there, http://gamevideos.com/video/id/5233
Those pics on IGN also came from the show, notice Sony uses red in the background and on their site the PS3 logo is in red, I think the surprise could possibly be that the logo on the front lights up red when you turn it on.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
BGOAT wiz
Maybe it talks to you like KIT from night rider and the logo glows red and the light moves back and forth. that would rook. or atleast be a hell of a mod idea.
Rag™
QUOTE(FeRgY @ Aug 24 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]2073[/snapback]
These were taken at Leipzig Gaming Convention in Germany, Sony refused to plug in the console because they have a "surprise". Also, a new Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer was released there, http://gamevideos.com/video/id/5233
Those pics on IGN also came from the show, notice Sony uses red in the background and on their site the PS3 logo is in red, I think the surprise could possibly be that the logo on the front lights up red when you turn it on.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Ferg, i think your on to sumthin ohmy.gif

=BGOAT=Nicholas
Fergy where did you find those pictures? I tried to locate them from the image URL's but had no luck. If you can please give a link to that article.
ash
i think the ps3 sucks cause all of its "new" things is stolen from nintendo or microsoft
Rag™
umm the 6 axis motion sensing wasnt stolen from microsoft or nintendo

as for the online, maybe

GlitchMasterBiz
QUOTE(ash @ Aug 25 2006, 05:52 AM) [snapback]2257[/snapback]
i think the ps3 sucks cause all of its "new" things is stolen from nintendo or microsoft

ok ash ill sum this up very nicely...SONY OWNS NINTENDO AND MICROSOFT and they dont need to take shit from that (xbox) gay ass company....(nintendos ok...but sony still owns it...)

BGOAT wiz
Ok lets see these things you speak of the motion thing in the controller technically isn't stolen from nintendo at all. theres huge differences. nintendos motion controller can actually tell where in a room you are and has a complete range of motion that it senses from the wireless part of it. Sony's motion controlelr on the other hand is I believe an 8 axis motion sensor that works on sliders. in other words it's not going to even come close to the precision that the nintendo controller will have.

As for online the onlie shops and stuff and the way the online is set up is com,pletely different from xbox's it is using the same interface as the psp. it may be using some of the ideas that microsoft has as far as some of the online features but sony is taking it to the next level and will totally out do what xbox has to offer as far as online options. oh ya and it's FREE to play a game online.

Now PS3 is clearly going to outdo any of the next gen consoles. it out does nintendo in many ways. mostly graphics. don't get me wrong I am gonna get a Wii it looks bad ass and as far as imagination and bringing new stuff to the table Nintendo owned Sony and xbox. but it still seems to be to kid based. how ever the motion thing will make it great. as for the 360. come on now. look at it. you take the xbox out of it's shell add a better graphics engine and you have a 360. they didn't bring anything new to the 360. it's an upgraded xbox and nothing more. Just like the xbox I will never buy a 360.

Sony has blue ray. Blue ray has like 5 times the space on it then even an hd dvd has. and the 360 still uses the same format as an xbox. if you want to use an hd dvd you have to pay extra for an attachment to do so. all this extra space means bigger games,better graphics, and longer game play. you have the motion thing in the controller. personally I don't think it's going to be good and I would rather have the vibration function but we shall see. Sony's PS3 cost a lot yes but it brings more to the table over it's previous console then say the 360 does. I am most excited about the nintendo Wii but the PS3 is a close seocnd. I hope Sony and Nintendo kick 360's ass and knocks them out of the console race like Sony and Nintendo did sega.

conclusion. XBOX SUCKS

GlitchMasterBiz
rooked by teh rook master
logan
QUOTE(ROOK Master wiz @ Aug 25 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]2266[/snapback]
conclusion. XBOX SUCKS

conclusion: Xbox 360 Sucks!

As you said "Xbox is worth liking" but the 360 is a waste of money just for a little better graphics and a few, minor upgrades.
Gamb
QUOTE(Travik @ Aug 25 2006, 12:45 PM) [snapback]2284[/snapback]

conclusion: Xbox 360 Sucks!

As you said "Xbox is worth liking" but the 360 is a waste of money just for a little better graphics and a few, minor upgrades.

I have a 360 for the sole reason of Dead Rising anyway, lol.
Embro
ALL of you fucks are fanboys exept wiz, nick, and a couple of other people. biz=fanboy

I mean really....if you are happy with a god damn console then who the fuck cares?
FeRgY
QUOTE(Embro @ Aug 25 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]2294[/snapback]
ALL of you fucks are fanboys exept wiz, nick, and a couple of other people. biz=fanboy

I mean really....if you are happy with a god damn console then who the fuck cares?

Don't call people fanboys and don't take the Lord's name in vain.
logan
QUOTE(FeRgY @ Aug 25 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]2296[/snapback]

Listen to Ferg, and you and Camo need to stop making big deals out of people's opinions.

(Sorry for naming name's)
Oompa
QUOTE(FeRgY @ Aug 25 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]2296[/snapback]

agreed.

I'm...not sure if im a fanboy or not...hmm...
FeRgY
QUOTE(Oompa @ Aug 25 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]2298[/snapback]

I'm...not sure if im a fanboy or not...hmm...

Nah, you're not. smile.gif
logan
QUOTE(FeRgY @ Aug 25 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]2299[/snapback]

Nah, you're not. smile.gif

... unsure.gif Am I...?
FeRgY
QUOTE(Travik @ Aug 25 2006, 04:42 PM) [snapback]2300[/snapback]

... unsure.gif Am I...?

I guess not.
Embro
Of course not, look at his sig.

But I tell you this strait, if the PS3 was named Xbox 360 and the 360 was named PS3 you guys would get a ps3 just because it is called that.
FeRgY
QUOTE(Embro @ Aug 25 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]2308[/snapback]
Of course not, look at his sig.

But I tell you this strait, if the PS3 was named Xbox 360 and the 360 was named PS3 you guys would get a ps3 just because it is called that.

What does his sig do with anything? If I put future PS3 owner I won't be a fanboy?
Um, no I wouldn't, I don't care if they rename the PS3 the Console of Retards 900, I'd buy it.
BGOAT wiz
I'm not a fan boy I am just anti xbox. I always loved sega and nintendo and sony. for some reason I never liked xbox. I remember I used to hate sony to. back in the day I was like wtf triangle square x circle. thats lame bla bla bla. but then I got one and was like woah. cool. but w/ xbox the hate goes much deeper then that. I dunno. I will always be a fan of the rest of the consoles except xbox. I mean shit the PS3 is bigger then the xbox. I used to rag on xbox for being so big. damn.

Edited: actually no I wouldn't buy it if it was the other way around. if the ps3 was made by microsoft I would buy the 360. if the 360 was made by panasonic I would buy it if it was made by sega I would buy it. if it was made by any other company besides microsoft I would prolly buy it. but since it isn't I will never own one. I won't own any console made by microsoft.
skrattahögtmunk
You forgot to say that you end up paying more after 3 years with online for 360. $610 = total for three years.

And btw, to who ever edited ash's post...That was very fucking childish.
logan
QUOTE(lol_Doughnut @ Aug 25 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]2320[/snapback]
That was very fucking childish.

What did it say before edited?
skrattahögtmunk
QUOTE(Travik @ Aug 25 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]2324[/snapback]

What did it say before edited?

It said in his post "I would like you all to know I am homosexual and like it up the arse"... Or some shit like that.
Gamb
QUOTE(lol_Doughnut @ Aug 25 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]2326[/snapback]

It said in his post "I would like you all to know I am homosexual and like it up the arse"... Or some shit like that.

Hes just letting people know so you edit it off...someone....

I'm not fanboy either, I like every system. =/
Embro
Gamb, I heard you got a 360?
FeRgY
QUOTE(Embro @ Aug 25 2006, 11:56 PM) [snapback]2351[/snapback]

QUOTE(GamB @ Aug 25 2006 11:56 PM) [snapback]2345[/snapback]
I have a 360 for the sole reason of Dead Rising anyway, lol.
Gamb
QUOTE(Embro @ Aug 25 2006, 10:56 PM) [snapback]2351[/snapback]

Yes, why?
FeRgY
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Oompa
the ps3 just looks so tasty 0.o
Gamb
QUOTE(Oompa @ Aug 28 2006, 08:08 PM) [snapback]2764[/snapback]

the ps3 just looks so tasty 0.o

And scratched
FeRgY
QUOTE(Gamb @ Aug 28 2006, 10:23 PM) [snapback]2799[/snapback]

And scratched

It's passed around like a peace pipe at an Indian reservation, what do you expect? Here's a video http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12742&type=wmv
=BGOAT=Nicholas
Told you wiz that SD/Flash cards go in the front area. But whats CF and Pro though? Man I cant wait for this console I see alot of fun coming along with it.
Shadow
QUOTE(tEh BiZoRz @ Aug 25 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]2265[/snapback]

ok ash ill sum this up very nicely...SONY OWNS NINTENDO AND MICROSOFT and they dont need to take shit from that (xbox) gay ass company....(nintendos ok...but sony still owns it...)

idk man people say they stole shit but wtf their only a few type of technolgie cuz one person uses one thing and the other uses it aswell dont mean their the same. ps2 disks runs on ps2 and xbox runs on xbox so i dont see repping. just cuz Idk a example i do this new gfx tech and people are like thats hot and another forum another person did it ass well and it spreads does it mean we been all stealing the gfx skill from other?
$amurai
kickass picz
pinky dinkydOod
OMG!!! nick nice pics dood, that just made my day. that white psp lookin sexy as heck with tha ps3 wooo sexy! that shiz looking hot. well hopefully i get to buy one, but 2morow is the JUMPOFF BOING!!! haha nick knows wut i am talking about. this is gona be my second hurricane on the day of my bday. how lame idc freak ernesnub but anyways awesome pics man sexyness!!
BGOAT wiz
I knew atleast one of them was a card reader. my main question was what is the plug in thing on the left. it's kinda big. looks like a printer port almost or something like that lol.
=BGOAT=Nicholas
The CF slot is Compact Flash. And the Pro slot is for Memory Stick Pro Duo. IPB Image IPB Image
BGOAT wiz
I knew what the pro was for. I don't understand why they need to have a CF slot though. I mean it's kinda big and is a waste of space. I mean they should of put like a memory card slot there. because it's backwards compatible but how are you gonna use your game saves from previous games? hook up the ps2 to the ps3 and transfer it to the HDD?. Unless they make an adaptor.
Oompa
ya, i think theyre gonna have some kind of adapter for ps2 mem cards. either it will hook up into a USB port or a memory stick port but obviously there has to be an adapter because there is no port for memory cards that i have seen on the ps3 yet.
FeRgY
Yes there will be an adaptor, said here: http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/about.html
Also, here's a pic showing the PS3's transparency.
IPB Image
Shadow
QUOTE(FeRgY @ Aug 29 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]2888[/snapback]

Yes there will be an adaptor, said here: http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/about.html
Also, here's a pic showing the PS3's transparency.
IPB Image

ayo man u know to much.
FeRgY
QUOTE(Shadow @ Aug 29 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]2907[/snapback]

ayo man u know to much.

That reminds me...I don't know if I was supposed to release that....oh well tongue.gif
Oompa
ferg, you love the ps3 almost to the point of scary obsession...but then, so do i.
FeRgY
QUOTE(Oompa @ Aug 29 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]2921[/snapback]
ferg, you love the ps3 almost to the point of scary obsession...but then, so do i.

I have to keep up with this stuff, it's part of a group thing. But yea anyways, it is too sexy to resist smile.gif
Oompa
and it comes in more than one color jumping43.gif
FeRgY
QUOTE(Oompa @ Aug 29 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]2926[/snapback]
and it comes in more than one color jumping43.gif

Actually, only clear black has been announced, the other colors were concepts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.