Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playstation Home
=BGOAT= Forums > Other Gaming > Console/ Handheld Talk > Sony
=BGOAT=Nicholas
http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/gdc07-clip-...home-242341.php

Watch the video..

Man that seems pretty awesome. Its like myspace but 3d like lol. This is the first video about this so hopefully more follow.

Article at IGN

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/770/770998p1.html

Its a good read tells alot of what can be done.
Ductape
i cryed when i saw this
BGOAT wiz
It's PS3 sims. Sweet.
KEVON
im shaking in excitment right now...

literaly...

the future is bright for the ps3...

mii's got nutin on this
BGOAT wiz
ya it's like a mmorpg only less complicated. lets just hope it doesn't get out of hand and turn into something like gta were you can shot people and rob there house and steal there cars or w/e. but ya it seems like the sims game which is fine by me and completely awesome. man I can't wait until I get a PS3.
wut wut
I just wet myself
bleed
you know I was thinking about buying that 360 for halo 3 and gta 4 but now, I am definately getting the ps3.
Rag™
so awesome and i only have about 30 more bucks until i get a ps3 smile.gif
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
Ya, nick showed me the video for that. It looks good. But it seems like it would get boring quickly to me.
Embro
This is exactly what I wished someone would fucking make for the past couple years. A thing where you can own a house and a person and go outside to talk to other people etc etc.
Oompa
...im exhausted from making posts about this lol. its on like every forum i go to...and ive made at least 30 posts about something to do with home lol. but ya, i thinks its a pretty good idea and im looking forward to using it.
=BGOAT=FoG
QUOTE(Embro @ Mar 7 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]18227[/snapback]
This is exactly what I wished someone would fucking make for the past couple years. A thing where you can own a house and a person and go outside to talk to other people etc etc.
That sounds awfully familiar with the top selling game of all time called Real Life (:
jack0ff
pwner
=BGOAT=Nicholas
“Home is a real-time online 3D, networked community available on PS3 and the Network. It allows PS3 users to interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share private content and even build and show off their own personal spaces to others in real time. Home will be available as a free download from the PlayStation Store and will launch directly from the XMB (XrossMediaBar) on PS3.”

“Home is free to download and free to use. The user will be able to purchase items from the Store (Home supports the Playstation wallet) to further customise their Home Space, as well as make purchases from other third party partners.”

“We will be executing a closed beta this spring. The official launch date will be later this year.”

Here’s some key aspects:
HOME Space
• Design and build your own apartment, house or even neighbourhood.
• Purchase new landscapes, apartments and furniture
World
• Purchase new clothing sets, pets and accessories for your character
• Purchase functional items to add value to your private Home experience
• Leave your mark on the world with premium player-created content tools.
Entertainment
• Share photos, movies and music from your PS3 HDD with friends in your personal space.
Gaming
• Meeting game-specific lobbies to discuss games, get new content or team up for online gameplay
Lobbies
• Individual lobbies created by first and third parties allow for consumer interaction, commerce

More at: http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=313

Also a good video to watch... This is Sonys keynote presented by Phil at GDC. Its about 55 minutes and well worth the entire watch. Towards the middle to the end he gets real detailed about Home and a awesome looking game called Little Big Planet. I think alot of you would like that game. Watch this video and you will see why.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc07/story...;om_clk=topslot
Scroll down alittle til you see Sony GDC 07 Keynote kinda in the middle and click watch.

Some screens from Little Big Planet: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/littleb...;om_clk=gsimage

But definently watch that video first.
.:Hack:.
OMFG That OWNS.

Only 18 days till my ps3 will be at my door.

Sharing music sounds so great, Do you know if you have to pay for your house and items?

Im off to watch more videos >-<
Oompa
wordis that you actually have to pay for a house/apartment. obviously the houses will cost more...but still i think itd be nice if you could at least get an apartment for free. idk though.

wait nevermind...i guess the informant of this info was just a 360 fanboy. you can still get an apartment for free, but there will be a deluxe apartment that you will have to pay for if you want it.
HubCAp_
too bad you have to pay for stuff but it looks like the sims and that free pc game second life.
I would probably play it more if you didn't actually have to pay, maybe just earn points or w/e playing a game and you get points depending on how long you play and if you beat it and stuff.
=BGOAT=Nicholas
Yeah every PS3 user gets an apartment to start with. You will have free items to place in the house and to customize your character. There will also be premium content to buy. You can buy better apartments,houses, etc.. Most of the stuff probably wont cost more than a $1. I heard you could even own a neighborhood. That would be badass everyone in BGOAT on one road then like a big party house lol.
Rag™
lol yeah, a whole bgoat area would be sick. and only about $20 till i have enough to get my ps3
bleed
houses are for people with mid life criseses
Being able to spend your achievment point things to buy stuff would own.
bleed
I am sure someone will find a way to get millions of points without doing anything. I agree that there should be a private Bgoat block though.
=BGOAT=Nicholas
w0rd. And a huge house with like 50 tvs in it. Im pimp out my apartment when I get one.
KEVON
im gonna actually spend my money in that, i want the coolest shizniz... i wonder if you can own land.... business idea... yay
Oompa
hmm...ya overtime phil said they will be releasing new premium objects as well as new free things for home.

so its not like if you dont pay your experience in home is going to suck.
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
For those who haven't seen this video. I just seen it on Gametrailers. It's a LONG demonstration of HOME. Some parts of it are funny as the guy doin the demo messes up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=...mov&pl=game

Now that HOME thing looks better then all of the ps3 games combined. Pretty sad really.
logan
QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Mar 10 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]18335[/snapback]
I just seen it..

Lol.

I didn't seen it yet, but I gonna go seen it now.
Gamb
I want to glitch home.
BGOAT wiz
For those who haven't seen this video. I just seen it on Gametrailers. It's a LONG demonstration of HOME. Some parts of it are funny as the guy doin the demo messes up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=...mov&pl=game

Now that HOME thing looks better then all of the ps3 games combined. Pretty sad really.

Ya and every 360 game released so far as well. sad really.
Rag™
i like the idea of the media sharing. project a video on a big screen in your house or listen to music on a stereo.
Gamb
QUOTE(Rag @ Mar 11 2007, 02:13 AM) [snapback]18348[/snapback]
i like the idea of the media sharing. project a video on a big screen in your house or listen to music on a stereo.

Does sound sick. I just hope I can jump.

Off-topic: Ewww... Rag, Inuyasha, couldn't have picked a worse anime. Well, its not bad, everything is just insanely repetitve after the first two or so seasons.
Rag™
haha. i just started watching it and i think its pretty good.
KEVON
hopefully i can mut my movies in the thether... man that would be sweet... ps youtube right there...
=BGOAT=Nicholas
Kevon you can. You can watch game/movie trailers, user created videos, etc.
Harold
犬夜叉

Rofl

"DOG DEMON"
Gamb
QUOTE(Rag @ Mar 11 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]18361[/snapback]
haha. i just started watching it and i think its pretty good.

Its good. But if you watch past like 2nd season it becomes extremely repetitive. You'll see. tongue.gif
Rag™
ill keep that in mind.
DO you think you could lock your door, to stop people coming in?

Cause if you could then it would be so funny to glitch in and scare them. lol
=BGOAT=Nicholas
I think nobody can get into your apartment unless you send them an invite that they have to accept then they get transfered over to your place.
Requiem
Im gonna break into Nicks apartment n just live on his couch smile.gif So make sure you get a bad ass TV
Gamb
QUOTE(Requiem @ Mar 13 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]18429[/snapback]
Im gonna break into Nicks apartment n just live on his couch smile.gif So make sure you get a bad ass TV

Everyone to Nicks house!
=BGOAT=Nicholas
Oh fo sho. Ima be baalllllllliiiiinnnn in my crib. I plan on making wallpapers and all that good stuff for my place. Pron on TV FTW.
Rag™
hells yeah!
Gamb
Nick, draw blueprints.
HubCAp_
so wheres the hot tub....
Requiem
QUOTE(SSG @ Mar 16 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]18608[/snapback]
so wheres the hot tub....

Which one? He's gonna have one in every room
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.