BGOAT wiz
post Sep 14 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #1

never leaves
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Community Contributer

As most of you know I recently got to go to LA to get some hands on w/ THP8. First off I would like to thank the people that made it possible. you know who you are if you even view this. I had the best time ever. I got to meet and have diner w/ Joel Jewett (owner of neversoft) Brian Bright, Andy THPS and a couple other dudes from Neversoft. The diner was great and we made small talk and I asked questions here and there about the game but I all ready posted those. Now for the news on my Neversoft experience. When I first got there it was like wow ok I wanna see every inch of this place and for the most part we did. they had different rooms for different parts of the game. character skinning in one room, lighting in another, level designs in another, etc etc. A few other people were there as well including Slateman from PTH and some other dudes from other sites. Perhaps the best part of the entire trip was I actually got the chance to be mocap'd. incase you didn't know mocap (motion Capture) is a system where they put little balls on you and a program and cameras reads the balls and inputs them into a computer and you can get your exact movement into a game. this was quite an experience. No I will not be in the game. lol. I did attempt to ride a skateboard but not being a skateboarder it wasn't great. I was how ever the only person to be mocapped and I think they made me do it to get a little revenge something they can laugh at later.... they prolly be like hahaha we got wiz in a mocap suit check it out.... hahaha. anyways. I got to meet some of the programmers and such and once I was introduced they were like oh ya BGOAT. lol. it was cool I got to talk to them alot about glitches and bgoat and darksides and such and to my surprise they didn't kick my ass for glitching there games. I think they were somewhat impressed by what we do and had some respect for it. Everyone at neversoft was great towards me and it seemed like I was the main center of attention. As for the game even though I can say alot about it I don't really want to because I don't think what I say will give it justice. Although I didn't get to play the game how I wanted and go where I wanted it was still fun. NO I DID NOT GLITCH Joel was watching over me the entire time and I didn't wanna get a backhand aside the head if I got into a glitch lol. It was basically ok go here do this goal now go here and do this goal. but it was cool because they were goals that showed off the new features such as nail the trick and the bail thing. I will say that it took some time for me to get the NTT mainly because it was on 360. we had a competition on a NTT goal and I cam in third. not to bad I guess. I almost came in first but I bailed a 22,000+ NTT at the last second. oh well. I will say that the bail part of the game is hilarious. I only got to play one goal using it but once I did I didn't want to stop. it reminds me a bit of Flatout when you eject your driver from the car and try to do things. your main goal is to brake as many bones as possible and rack up the hospital bill. The graphics are great and w/e videos you see online don't give it justice. I mean everything about this game is awesome. it reminds me alot of THPS4 in the way it plays. Also this game will be hard it's not going to be a game that you'll beat in a day like the past games such as THUG- THAW. each goal has 3 settings. am,pro, and sick I believe. and there not setup like past games where you go to someone to get the am score or someone else to get the sick score nor are they on a list like in THPS3. it's basically you find an icon and you start off the goal. in my case I did a grind goal. you grind to a certain marker and you get the am further away is a marker for pro and even further is a marker for sick. The sick marker could be all the way on the other side of the level. this game is going to be hard even for the best TH game players but still have sutff easy enough for new comers. and if the new comers can only make it to the am icons it still has a sense of acheivment and will give them something to work for. the gameplay is more realistic and w/ the motion capp'd skaters you get a better feel of how that player really skates. I also understand that there isn't a face in the game mode in this game nor a set restart which will cut back on the glitches. Now from what I have read on IGN this game will not be online for PS3. I have not confirmed this myself nor was anything said about it while I was there. but if it is I will get this game for 3 consoles. ps2 to play online, xbox 360 for the next gen graphics and online and ps3 because if it's not online it may have something extra in it. Over all from what I have seen this game is going to be the best in the series. if you thought it was bad ass just from watching the videos then you need to multiply that bad ass by about 10. Any questions feel free to ask and if I can I will answer them. I will post pics in the next reply I have to resize and upload them.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Sep 14 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #2

Playstation GAP member and beta tester
Group Icon

Group: BGOAT Members
Member No.: 26

Tony Hawk Game Historian *

Do you know any like qualifications to program there? Like college degrees and w/e. I'm lookin in to working with a developer for a career.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post Sep 14 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #3

never leaves
Group Icon

Community Contributer

http://www.neversoft.com

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
skrattahögtmunk
post Sep 14 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #4

avatar shamelessly stolen from someone
Group Icon

Member No.: 24

Community Contributer bookworm / grammar aficionado

Sounds freaking sweet.

I wish I could have gone. sad.gif

EDIT: do you know anything about the soundtrack? Or can you not say anything about that?

This post has been edited by lol_Doughnut: Sep 14 2006, 08:55 PM

------Signature-------

useless trivia: pennsylvania was the first one has moved up the pistol, spins the chamber, and we'll bust a cap in your excess shit
PSN: JohnnyLeetsauce
LIVE: dvdCollection

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post Sep 14 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #5

never leaves
Group Icon

Community Contributer

to be honest I forgot to ask about the soundtrack and I wasn't really paying attention while playing it.

I do have more pics but I will post them later. most of the other pics are just pics from inside the plane way up in the air and some other shots of me in the mocap suit.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
skrattahögtmunk
post Sep 14 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

IPB Image

I lol'd. biggrin.gif

------Signature-------

useless trivia: pennsylvania was the first one has moved up the pistol, spins the chamber, and we'll bust a cap in your excess shit

+Quote Post
logan
post Sep 14 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #7

Frequent
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 33

Community Contributer Tony Hawk Game Collector Tony Hawk Game Historian ** bookworm / grammar aficionado GD Historian

Are you in any of those pictures? Idk what u look like.

+Quote Post
Jkidd
post Sep 14 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #8

Straight jacked homie
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster Community Contributer BGOAT Advertiser Tony Hawk Game Historian Original Forum Member BGOAT 360voice Group

LMAO. Nice G-Unit shirt. smile.gif

------Signature-------
Jokes on you we still alive...

+Quote Post
skrattahögtmunk
post Sep 14 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(Logan @ Sep 14 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]4382[/snapback]

Are you in any of those pictures? Idk what u look like.

That's him in all of them.

Wiz, who's dog?

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
=BGOAT= Ares
post Sep 14 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #10

2 words.........scene kids :(
Group Icon

Member No.: 56

Community Contributer Tony HAwk Game Collector Sexiest Avy's Award

HAHAHAH ZOMG THAT IS AWESOME!

i see you are playing a 360 also. haha.

in the first pic, you kinda resemble burnquist.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
logan
post Sep 14 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #11

Frequent
Group Icon

Community Contributer Tony Hawk Game Collector Tony Hawk Game Historian ** bookworm / grammar aficionado GD Historian

Hey wiz, did you find any glitches in the game? haha

+Quote Post
Harold
post Sep 14 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #12

The Mexican
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

Awarded a MOTW Community Contributer

fergy...

http://www.neversoft.com/employment.htm

+Quote Post
Rag™
post Sep 14 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #13

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 39

omg thats so awesome. im still jealous

------Signature-------

2726-3409-9499-9698

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Sep 14 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #14

Playstation GAP member and beta tester
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

Tony Hawk Game Historian *

QUOTE(Harold @ Sep 14 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]4389[/snapback]

Yes I know...I looked there a while back and forgot about it.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Camo
post Sep 14 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #15

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

I saw all these piks b4 you guys cause wiz loves me best. I dunno why he left the picture of him and and tony hawk having diner together out.. 0.o

------Signature-------

Ps3.............................................................................
............................ Wii

+Quote Post
XolrecX
post Sep 15 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #16

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

...Just because its with tony hawk...doesnt make it cool...lol

P.S.

On that mini ramp they have.. I like that rail overlaying the hip over there... I guarantee someone has hipped out and slid that thing....

This post has been edited by XolrecX: Sep 15 2006, 01:49 AM

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post Sep 15 2006, 06:11 AM
Post #17

never leaves
Group Icon

Community Contributer

Ya I showed Camo lthe pics like right after I was told I could show the pics. then I got sidetracked and then I posted em here. I would of posted them earlier os showed people earlier but the NDA I signed said I couldn't until after 4PM PDT. Anyways i will post other pics later on. And the Dog you see is Joels. it's an awesome dog.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
post Sep 15 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #18

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

Glitch Poster BGOAT Advertiser GD Historian

Yup, that's cool pics. Lol, you have to get a 360 now. If you want to play THP8 online

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Sep 15 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #19

Glitch Master Is An Understatement.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 10

Community Contributer

IPB Image=bobby b

IPB Image=smach the xbox

IPB Imagelooks like andrew reynolds

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
logan
post Sep 15 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #20

Frequent
Group Icon

QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Sep 15 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]4428[/snapback]
Yup, that's cool pics. Lol, you have to get a 360 now. If you want to play THP8 online

Or just the ps2 version

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 10:39 PM
Design by: Invision Skins & HYIP Forum