post Mar 7 2009, 06:45 AM
Post #1

wonderer
Group Icon

Group: BGOAT Members
Member No.: 38

bookworm / grammar aficionado

Haven't been here in a minute!
Anyway, I'm getting a little bit back into gaming. It had been 9 months since I sold my 360 and was (console) game free, but I cracked and bought a PS3 recently. PSN is ukjmn if anyone wants to add me. I play MGO, LBP and Killzone 2 right now and have RE5 preordered. Add me and lets play like old times! Also, if anyone plays L4D over Garena or non-steam servers lets play sometime too!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HubCAp_
post Mar 7 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #2

STEAM ID: HubCAp_
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 43

F@H 20 WU's Tony Hawk Game Collector Activision Game Collector BGOAT GH Tour Group Member

Under cover juice man ! (lol idk I remember that whole deal) I'll add your PSN. Also, I'm guessing you don't have steam then?

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
6ixVolt
post Mar 7 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #3

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 441

Sup? i think i remember you if you use to play thps4, I play kz2 ill send you a invite.

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Mar 7 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #4

Glitch Master Is An Understatement.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 10

Community Contributer

Sup uk. I added you on PS3.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
post Mar 7 2009, 05:37 PM
Post #5

wonderer
Group Icon

I do but I didn't buy L4D since it's so easy to play the cracked version. I might end up buying it though as there are a few people I know who play on steam.
Anyone here play resistance 2? I own the first one and that was a lot of fun. Probably getting the second.
Also, any suggestions of games I should get. Please offer.I played a bit of WaW when it came out on 360 and that was fun but I returned the ps3 copy for instore credit at best buy cuz the dude who sold me the ps3 hadnt even opened it... I've been thinking about getting MW

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Mar 7 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Community Contributer

Nah MW is dead game... well it will be. MW2 comes out this year so save the $$ for MW2 & WaW

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Jkidd
post Mar 7 2009, 07:01 PM
Post #7

Straight jacked homie
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster Community Contributer BGOAT Advertiser Tony Hawk Game Historian Original Forum Member BGOAT 360voice Group

MW>WaW IMO...if I could start off with a fresh K/D in MW then I would probably still play that.

------Signature-------
Jokes on you we still alive...

+Quote Post
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
post Mar 7 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #8

wonderer
Group Icon

wouldnt a new psn solve that?

+Quote Post
HubCAp_
post Mar 7 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #9

STEAM ID: HubCAp_
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 43

F@H 20 WU's Tony Hawk Game Collector Activision Game Collector BGOAT GH Tour Group Member

QUOTE (=bgizzoat=ukjmn @ Mar 7 2009, 07:16 PM) *
wouldnt a new psn solve that?

360^^

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Mar 7 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Community Contributer

Fux 360... n e way :] uhm wouldn't starting fresh in WaW fix the K/D spread?....pwnd

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
6ixVolt
post Mar 8 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #11

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 441

I would say get MW before WAW, imo its a way better game, got burnt out of ww2 games after the first mil

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Mar 8 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Community Contributer

Why get MW wen MW2 is coming..? Also, MW is a great game but MW2 is gunna be packed with new shit. Also, WaW is the best WW2 game ive played and zombies is so worth it.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Jkidd
post Mar 8 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #13

Straight jacked homie
Group Icon

Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster Community Contributer BGOAT Advertiser Tony Hawk Game Historian Original Forum Member BGOAT 360voice Group

360 > PS3...live is better than the PSN network IMO...but yeah the ability to make a new account in the drop of a hat sounds cool but whatev I would take my 360 over ur stanky ps3 anyday

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
post Mar 8 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #14

wonderer
Group Icon

if you dont own both and you think your opinion counts at all, you are a moron. nuff said

good games are good games console wars is a dumb media and high school bs
I'm tried people paying so much attention to what game is on what console and which multiplatform is slightly better. its ruining gaming.

oh and rtc wolfenstien > ww2 shooter

This post has been edited by =bgizzoat=ukjmn: Mar 8 2009, 09:32 PM

+Quote Post
Jkidd
post Mar 9 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #15

Straight jacked homie
Group Icon

Rofl your saying my opinion doesn't count because I don't have the money to own both? I played both, bought the one I liked better..how can you say my opinion doesn't count? lol I'm n ot flaming the PS3 I was just saying that IMO I think that Live has a better setup than the PSN...nuff said plus why does it ruin gaming? Do you care that other people are bitching and going to the ends of the earth to say thaqt one is better than the other? Because I sure as hell don't care haha...if you were to meet me in real life and get in my face and be like "PS3 IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN 360 YOUR A BITCH FOR OWNING ONE" I would laugh at you and be like...yeah ur right I'm a bitch your tough. Unless you really honestly care what other people think about your system or having the most recent kind...then you don't enjoy gaming you do it because everyone else does. I bought my 360 cuz I liked it and again like previously stated feel that it's better than the PS3. Just cuz I can't afford both doesn't mean my opinion doesn't count thats just ignorant and you should take YOUR opinion and stuff it...no flame intended..

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Mar 9 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Community Contributer

Good points Jkidd. There is no such thing as a " console war" its basically eaither a "trend war" or an actual "preference war" I for one am all about the PS3 being its my type of system. 360 is a nice system with a nice layout and theme but i like the XMB on ps3 even though i do believe the layout on 360 is better. Also, i do believe the PSstore is better than the Marketplace though. 360 takes forever to update most times as PS3 updates every Wednesday between 4PM est-7pm est. You could set your watch by it. I do believe 360 has more of an online community but only due to the fact 360 has been out longer than ps3 and also has more games than ps3. PS3 is a nice all-in-one system, blu-ray player, dvd player, computer, gaming system, and photo album. 360 is pretty much a gaming system with online that has to be paid for, HD-DVD (a now dead technology due to Blu-ray winning the war) player which has to be bought as an attachment, and batteries every week for the controllers (unless wired or spend more money for the rechargeable kits).

Both consoles has the ups and downs, i know i pointed out the worse in the 360 there, but thats how i feel. Its all about preference and what you prefer. Consoles cannot simply be put as the best, maybe regarding what topic (what the system offers, etc.), but again, something being stated as best will always be preference, and most people who do say the 360 is better or that ps3 is better is most likely trying to be a fanboy, or is jumping on the band waggon. If someone says, whatever dude, enjoy your gaming, ill enjoy mine, then they really dont give a fuck what system you prefer as long as they have the system that suits them.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post Mar 9 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #17

never leaves
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Community Contributer

Being a person who owns both consoles and has spent plenty of time on each here is my list of pros and cons for both systems.

The XBL market place is better then the PS Store.

The 360 although cheaper lacks:
1. free online play (silver accounts don't really count)
2. a built in HD player of some kind
3. The power brick is external and huge
4. no wireless internet ( but you can purchase separate)
5. no blue tooth wireless tech.

The 360 may not have a HD player but you can download HD movies on it.

The PS3 is more expensive but includes
1. Free online game play
2. a built in Blu-Ray player
3. web browser
4. wireless internet connection
5. blue tooth tech
6. no external power brick.

The 360 does have a larger collection of games over the PS3

The Ps3 has better options for viewing pictures.

It does suck that the 360 controllers don't come w/ a charger or anything but you can buy one separate.

IMO the PS3 looks nicer and runs cooler

They're both decent systems and they both have some advantages over the other. it all depends on what you're looking for.

I use my 360 for gaming and achievements. I use my PS3 for movies and cool slide shows and transfering media and such since it has a card reader. plus it helps cure cancer.

I do believe how ever that the PS3 is a more powerfull machine but what good is that power if no one wants to or can use it.

it's like buying a corvette over a civic. ya the corvette is sweet looking and has all this power and such but what good is it if the speed limit is only 65 at most. the civic you can use all year round and will be better on gas plus you can buy shit to put on it to make it look cool.

Anyways thats just my 2 cents.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
post Mar 9 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #18

wonderer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Scofield«±» @ Mar 9 2009, 09:43 AM) *
Rofl your saying my opinion doesn't count because I don't have the money to own both? I played both, bought the one I liked better..how can you say my opinion doesn't count? lol I'm n ot flaming the PS3 I was just saying that IMO I think that Live has a better setup than the PSN...nuff said plus why does it ruin gaming? Do you care that other people are bitching and going to the ends of the earth to say thaqt one is better than the other? Because I sure as hell don't care haha...if you were to meet me in real life and get in my face and be like "PS3 IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN 360 YOUR A BITCH FOR OWNING ONE" I would laugh at you and be like...yeah ur right I'm a bitch your tough. Unless you really honestly care what other people think about your system or having the most recent kind...then you don't enjoy gaming you do it because everyone else does. I bought my 360 cuz I liked it and again like previously stated feel that it's better than the PS3. Just cuz I can't afford both doesn't mean my opinion doesn't count thats just ignorant and you should take YOUR opinion and stuff it...no flame intended..

Nope not at all. Sorry. You missed what I was saying entirely and jumped to way too many conclusions. I'll might just forgive you for that though wink.gif
My point is that I have owned and plan on owning both and have no preference WHATSOEVER to either. They both have great games, and they're both going to continue on having great games. To me that's all that matters. You became so eager to counter attack when I did not even attack in the first place. So don't even think about accusing me of being ignorant, because, quite frankly you'll just sound even more moronic.
Secondly, I do care. You know why? Because it's idiotic. Simple as that. I'm a gamer for the games, and really it has begun to ruin games. You wanna know how? Look how many fucking sequels, and even annual, games there are. Look at how different ps1 games compared to n64 games were. Now today, the vast majority of the "best" games are all multiplatform gaming titles with virtually identical experiences. How is that not ruining gaming? I could go on, but if you really feel like you need more convincing that flame wars aren't ruining gaming and the games market in and of itself, you must be incredibly dense.

Essentially, what I mean by what I had said in the previous post, that really, opinions don't mean shit at all to anyone but yourself. PERIOD. And they mean even less to me if you don't own both. DOUBLE PERIOD (lawlz)

And I really am sorry that you think I should, quote,"Take (MY) opinion and stuff it." because you must of have not realized that I didn't include an opinion whatsoever in my previous post (aside from the wolfenstien one =P). I'm very sorry you were mistaken. I hope you won't fall prey to the same blunder again.

oh and just for one finally zing,
I'm n ot flaming the PS3

ummm the previous post
over ur stanky ps3 anyday
sorry buddy but you failed here. It doesn't get more simple then that example of nonsensical fanboy flaming (albeit a mild example)

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Mar 10 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Community Contributer

....Ouch.

Anyway, sadly this topic will be closed if all its going to do is start arguments over consoles, no matter if directly flaming consoles, or directly flaming a user.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
post Mar 10 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #20

wonderer
Group Icon

SOunds good. I think everyone's added me that wanted to, but if anyone wants to add my LIVE tag it's xi ukjmn ix... I should have another 360 withing the month

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 09:10 AM
Design by: Invision Skins & HYIP Forum