Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> U.s. National Anthem, En Espaņol??? wtf?
Oompa
post Apr 29 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #1

AZN
Group Icon

Group: BGOAT Members
Member No.: 35

Awarded a MOTW FAH 10 WU's F@H Weekend #2 Award

Ya...I was just watching the news last night...and there was one segment about how some Mexican pop stars or something, redid the Star Spangled Banner in Spanish. It's kind of hard to remember exactly what was said...but ummm...I did a quick search and found some article about it. -link- ...ya...what do you guys think about this?

------Signature-------
PSN: Oompa322
Steam: OhMyGodIt'sEverywhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Harold
post Apr 29 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #2

The Mexican
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

Awarded a MOTW Community Contributer

It's fine as long as they tweak it, or say, "Hispanics built this Country!"

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Apr 29 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #3

Playstation GAP member and beta tester
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

Tony Hawk Game Historian *

I think its a disgrace. If foreigners are gonna come in to this country, they need to adapt to it, not us adapt to them. They should learn English once they enter. I think them singing it in Spanish is like redesigning the American flag, not right.

Sorry if I offend anyone on this but it's my opinions, it's my ideas. Respect me, I respect you. Its likely a flame war will happen.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
post Apr 29 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #4

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

Glitch Poster BGOAT Advertiser GD Historian

QUOTE(FeRgY @ Apr 29 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]440[/snapback]
I think its a disgrace. If Mexicans are gonna come in to this country, they need to adapt to it, not us adapt to them. They should learn English once they enter. I think them singing it in Spanish is like redesigning the American flag, not right.

Sorry if I offend anyone on this but it's my opinions, it's my ideas. Respect me, I respect you. Its likely a flame war will happen.

God Damn Beaners. LEARN ENGLISH!!!

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Apr 29 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Apr 30 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]445[/snapback]

God Damn Beaners. LEARN ENGLISH!!!

I don't think the profanity was neccessary but are you agreeing with me for once ohmy.gif smile.gif

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
bleed
post Apr 29 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #6

wonderer
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 34

Profanity is often used as an adjective and is sometimes the best way to get a point across.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Harold
post Apr 30 2006, 12:28 AM
Post #7

The Mexican
Group Icon

QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Apr 29 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]445[/snapback]

Beaners

+Quote Post
Requiem
post Apr 30 2006, 02:39 AM
Post #8

PSN: Req50187
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Glitch Poster FAH 20 WU's Community Contributer Tony Hawk Game Historian

Hey atleast its not in french, you guys got nothing to complain about

------Signature-------
PSN - Req50187

Ps3 Games
Resistance 2 - Resistance FoM - Fallout 3 - Little Big Planet - Uncharted - NHL 09 - Warhawk - Grand Theft Auto IV
Rock Band - Rock Band 2 - Rock Band AC/DC - Motor Storm - Call Of Duty 4 - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry 4 - Star Wars Force Unleashed - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Turok - Burnout Paradise - Skate 2- Killzone 2 - Resident Evil 5

+Quote Post
Ductape
post Apr 30 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #9

The BGOAT Glitch Finder
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster Tony Hawk Game Collector

wow u guys are stupid n typical. this country was founded on tolerance and other nations this country is a melting pot of different cultures theres like only a few countrys where english is its native language... (we dont have a native language) because no one but the indians are native to this land(and some mexicans) ((california was mexican property until the white people came n took it) its fuckin sad how u dam crackers alwasy think ur better then other people . im happy that people are expressing there rights and did this.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Harold
post Apr 30 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #10

The Mexican
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ductape @ Apr 30 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]457[/snapback]
wow u guys are stupid n typical. this country was founded on tolerance and other nations this country is a melting pot of different cultures theres like only a few countrys where english is its native language... (we dont have a native language) because no one but the indians are native to this land(and some mexicans) ((california was mexican property until the white people came n took it) its fuckin sad how u dam crackers alwasy think ur better then other people . im happy that people are expressing there rights and did this.

It's fine, as long as they don't tweak it.

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post May 1 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(Ductape @ Apr 30 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]457[/snapback]

If that's also directed towards me, at least I didn't use racist comments. I know most Native Americans were really Mexican but w/e.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
post May 1 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #12

wonderer
Group Icon

Member No.: 38

bookworm / grammar aficionado

on ductapes argument of mexicans being native theres objective points id like to make (not taking any sides)

A) mexicans were numbers and numbers of idifferent tribes and colonies they were nto a unifide body.

cool.gif even if they were they didnt speak spanish. they adapted to it.

C)in order to be a LEGAL immagrant u must atleast understand some english

D)language is the least of our concerns

E)whats with the racism on both sides? technically u could get banned for this as this is against forum rules. lets try and be constructive here and not be a bunch of whiney immature brats. be proud of you opinions but dont stoop to the level of degrading someone else for having a different view then your own

+Quote Post
Shadow
post May 1 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #13

Ain't nothing stopping me
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

Awarded a MOTW

QUOTE(Oompa @ Apr 29 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]435[/snapback]

Ya...I was just watching the news last night...and there was one segment about how some Mexican pop stars or something, redid the Star Spangled Banner in Spanish. It's kind of hard to remember exactly what was said...but ummm...I did a quick search and found some article about it. -link- ...ya...what do you guys think about this?

Man leave that shit spanish. Then the fucking white people can learn something else then english. I think its good for this country. It shows they got respect for other nation and imigrates. I hope it stays like that.

------Signature-------

Keeping talking smack . . . No matter what you say . . . bGoat still is the best.

+Quote Post
Harold
post May 2 2006, 06:27 AM
Post #14

The Mexican
Group Icon

It just seems like it's retaliation for me. But, who cares... The National Anthem is the National Anthem.

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post May 2 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #15

never leaves
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Community Contributer

I say learn english or GTFO. Don't like what I have to say about immigrants and people of other races that come here then your prolly an immigrant your self GTFO. no seriously though the national anthem was made in english for americans and thats the way it should stay. The pledge of allegence was made by our founding fathers and was sang in schools and thats the way it should stay. don't want your kid to sing it then they shouldn't have to but don't make it so no one else can sing it either. Anyways I say if your going to come over here then you should learn english. Why should I as an english speaking american have to learn a FOREIGN language just to understand someone. I deal w/ people all the time that barely speak english. guess what speak english that I can understand or I can't help you get lost. and don't complain about the way we as americans do things especially if your from another country. you come over here from mexico or japan or were ever and then complain about the way we do things guess what. you don't like it seriously GTFO. I hate to sound like a prejudice bastard but I think we should close the damn borders and ship all these people back to were they came from. atleast then we as americans would have more jobs. 10 years ago I remember at my moms work and in this area if you saw someone black or mexican or indonesian or w/e you were like wtf. and at my moms job everyone was all american. now it's all indonesians. WTF?. I am not prejudice I just think that if your going to come over here and work and try to be american or w/e then be an american. speak english and adapt to us. not the other way around. that would be like me going to china and being like wtf no one speaks english. I am going to change china to speak english. it doesn't work that way. when in Rome do as the romans.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post May 2 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

I think wiz covered my opinion.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Harold
post May 2 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #17

The Mexican
Group Icon

http://bgoatclan.com/underground/index.php?showtopic=41

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post May 2 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #18

never leaves
Group Icon

Community Contributer

ya and?... I read the hole thing. so what. now heres what you didn't talk about. those illegal immigrants come over here and take our jobs and make it harder for the people who are here legally to live. they come across the border poor and become rich and the more that come across and do that the more americans that our out of jobs and become poor.Guess what the ones that do it legally piss me off just as much. we as americans work our asses off and pay taxes. you know what those taxes do?. those taxes go to those immagrants. it's sad when some nobody can come to this country and has a welcome present we give them practically free room and bored and give them all types of other shit. we pay them to stay here. and the ones that don't work sit on there asses and collect welfare. again something us hard working americans pay for. I don't want to hear this sob story about some dude carrying a jug of water trying to look for a better life. there are millions of people here that are like that right now. I say we close the damned borders and help out the americans here that live on the streets and in alley ways before we let people from other countries come in and give them everything they want. I struggle to support my family and such and I work 6 days a week to do so and my wife works 5. yet some immigrant can come over here and in a week be driving a lexus? Does that sound right to you? I read that entire story and I understand you may have relatives there or w/e. good for you. but maybe you should put your energy into worrying about the people all ready here in the US that live in poverty before you worry about the people that will come here from other counrty's and live high on a hog. you think you know but you have no idea.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
Harold
post May 2 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #19

The Mexican
Group Icon

Dude, you can't just think for yourself, think about others. That was the main reason I wrote that. Not every immigrant gets a nice house and car as soon as they get here--they have to work for it, just like you.

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post May 2 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #20

never leaves
Group Icon

Community Contributer

Oh I think about others. others that are all ready in this country and need help. and most immigrants receive a nice fat welcome to the US screw us in the ass and take our money/jobs check. trust me.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 11:23 PM
Design by: Invision Skins & HYIP Forum