> Thp8 Info *updated: May 10th, 2006*
XolrecX
post May 10 2006, 06:05 PM
Post #21

stranger
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 48

If this is sticky worthy I'd be grateful...

May 7th, 2006: This is our basis information, all information after this will be compared to the information below.

Tony Hawk's Prokect 8 will take a major turn from the past THPS games, but for the better, and nothing makes an exception. There will be Three modes of Gameplay: Story Mode, Freestyle, and Retro Mode. Story mode takes elements from the past TH game, but upgrades it. The plot of THP8 is simple: You can create a group of 5 up-and-coming skaters, to build your very own skate team. You must skate around a giant streaming city, to spread the word, and build up your skills. Work your way up to the top, and get some pros on your team. you can create skate videos, and send them into the many different NPC's, and your "Rep Level" goes up. Every once in a while, a rival skate team is going to challenge you to a Skate-Off, in which you have to rack up some big points. If you win the missions, skate-off's, and other odd-jobs, you get lots of money, which allows you to go to the many places, and splurge. Board customization is highly upgraded from the past. Select from an array of liscenced companies, to choose your deck, trucks, griptape, wheels, and hardware kits. A minor portion of your stats will reflect on the board you create.

When you're done making the perfect board, head on down to the clothing portion of the game, where you can select from oodles of clothing to suit your needs. At the beginning of the game, you can create your character to fit any way you want. You can edit the nose, cheeks, eyes, weight, skin, etc.

Along with unlocking classic levels, THP8 stores a lot of unlockables from the past TH games, giving you a feel of nostalgia. THP8 allows you to unlock "Classic Trax", favorite songs from old TH games. We're not done! Neversoft also made free-skate a long joy, too. You can unlock levels especially made for THP8, and classic levels in Retro Mode, and Free Skate.

If everything is upgraded, why not the graphics & physics? Neversoft and the gang have been hard at work perfecting the new, ultra-realistic physics engine. ollies, grinds, and flips look better than ever, and injuries look fantastic. When you bail, your clothes (And your skin. ew) can get ripped. your deck can also get a little screwy. After a lot of bails, your deck will crack, and you need to buy a new one. However, don't expect your deck to break every 10 minutes. The day-and-night cycle is upgraded, adding a calander, which corresponds with the time/date set in the console you're playing. Wheather is also in the game, such as fog, snow, and rain.

Tony Hawk's Project 8 will feature three giant streaming cities for you to skate in. New York, Tokyo, and London. Within those three "uber-levels", you can visit decent sized Skate-Parks, and skate in "hidden sections".

Including unlockable characters, there will be about 45 skaters in the game, each having a unique mo-cap style, so you have a different experience with each skater. I also mentioned "Retro Trax", unlockable songs from past TH games. These are still in, and you can unlock about 8 or 10 of them. The in-game soundtrack boasts "a buttload" of songs, and "Listen to mood-setting artists, like Reel Big Fish, NOFX, CKY, and many more". I'm thinkin the OST will have a dominance of Rock/Punk music.

Online play is better than it ever was. Along with Free Skate, High Score, and the many different games you can play, you can take your created skate team, and put them to the test against others. It will have rank-based gameplay for all modes (except Free Skate).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 8th, 2006: Some Tidbits

The name of Tony Hawk's newest adventure was also officially revealed today. Tony Hawk's Project 8, the game that CEO Bobby Kotick referred to as a "traditional" Tony Hawk release, ollies onto the Xbox 360, PS3, PlayStation Portable, PS2, and Xbox this fall.

Tony's other skating game, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, hits all of Nintendo's platforms except the GameCube this fall. The downhill racer, which Kotick said was targeted at more casual gamers, will appear on the Wii, Nintendo DS, and Game Boy Advance. Nine different characters will ride down the steepest slopes of San Francisco, Hong Kong, and the ancient Andean city of Machu Picchu in head-to-head action.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 9th, 2006:My speculations on the trailer

Well, I've Just seen the trailer for THP8 and I've got to say... wow.
the trailer alone sells the game, it shows 4 different skaters doing actual realistic skate moves!!, Ive confirmed: Rodney Mullen, Stevie Williams, Tony hawk and there is also another guy in which I dont know..

The trailer pretty much confirms realistic skating, it also drops hints on new features in game, there is a part in the beggining where someone does a half cab impossible late flip. This leads me to believe that there may be some sort of late flip system.

The graphics are also amazing, complete with depth of field which is demonstrated in the 1st clip and also very high quality normal mapping. The textures look amazing as well.

Level design looks down right awsome, the level looks huge and there are several different locations rangeing from a small neighborhood to a warehouse of a sort, it also displays a skatepark =)

As for the small tidbits ive noticed:

Pant legs and shoe laces now move in conjunction with gravity.
Wheels actually spin now...
Wheels have designs on them...

Board and skater animations= AMAZING.
They are very clean and extremley realistic.
an example being rodney mullens primo triple kickflip out, the board acctually taps the
manual pad on the 2nd half of the 1st flip, which also means that the board isnt utterly attached to you like in the rest of the series.

Im hoping this means that if you dont clear something high enough, your board will catch and you will keep going...

Allin all this game looks amazing and I cant wait for it, hopefully itll be out this year.. even better, make it a launch title =)

P.S. I think we have our school 3 type level, There is one in the trailer.
P.S.S I would like to guess that the unknown skater doing the heel flip boardslide
is either Pj Ladd or Tom Penny...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 10th, 2006:Wiz's Speculations on the IGN interview

The following summary was conjoured up by wiz, it is only used here for informational purposes and has not been altered in any way.

1. you start off as usual in your town which is in middle america and there is a theme park mentioned.

2. there is now female CAS

3. they mention zany areas? not sure what this means but hey zany is a cool word.

4. The goals are going to be in there levels of difficulty. they said that even the hardcore Tony Hawk players will be challeneged.

5. There is NO CAP. thats right no CAP. this time around you can basically edit the current levels your in. like the example they give is you can take a piece of wood and a barrel and make your own ramp and place it in the level were you want. Although this is a good idea I am not sure that completely removing CAP is such a good idea. I mean how many pieces could you actually have laying around in a level.

6. The peds/neighbors in the levels move like real people should. sometimes they walk sometimes they do a line and from what I understand you can interact w/ them. They said you can also get rep or w/e for pulling off tricks infront of the peds. by doing this you get Stokens which can be used to buy boards,special tricks, and more at the skate shops and MOTION CAPTURE VIDEO??????

7. There making your stat system more "rpgish" like I said above to get your first stat lets say you have to grind a total of 1,000 feet or get 1,000 feet of air. ect. ect.
---------------
My speculations to there being no cap doesnt really bug me, seeing as how we can now set up our own lines and transfer usually not possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 10th, 2006:Ign info

The following article was found on the IGN website, I did not type this up.

First shown at the Activision conference Monday, May 8 in downtown LA, Project 8 refers to the basic narrative, though it also probably does allude to the number of Tony Hawk games to date. You live in Podunk town, Middle of the Midwest, Nowheresville. All of a sudden your hometown becomes THE hot place to skate and Tony Hawk and his clan are looking for the top eight contestants to lead the way. Your goal is to become one of those Project 8 skaters.

Neversoft moved from its old small offices into a huge warehouse last summer, which contains a massive, fully-built motion-capture studio. As a result, nearly every single motion in Project 8 has been captured -- from the basic skate moves to the tricks to the bails to the actual skateboard itself. The result is a totally different looking Tony Hawk. Nearly all the newly captured motion is incredibly fluid and natural looking. Neversoft performed full body scans of all the pros in the games and took high resolution, high mega-pixel digital shots to capture the real look of each pro's face and facial expressions to complement the new mo-cap. Thus, you'll experience visuals, mechanics and physics unlike any Tony Hawk game in the past. The tricks look like real tricks, the movement is far more believable and, when coupled with the super high-res textures and blended animations, the final result is a Tony Hawk that's visually impressive. It's hard to say that about a Tony Hawk game, but this one looks incredible.

The best way to put it is that Project 8 is more like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 -- specifically built for this next-generation of systems, as opposed to last year's effort, which looked and felt like a current-gen game ported to the Xbox 360 and up-resed. Neversoft is especially working on creating a more accessible game. It's fine tuning the D-pad and, more importantly, the analog sticks, which the newer generation of gamers use more often than the trusty D-pad. Naturally, you'll also be able to customize your skater, though Neversoft didn't explain exactly how in this new version.

Project 8 offers a real open city, as opposed to last year's "mostly" open city gameplay. As gamers progress they'll open up new sections that remain open. The game doesn't have a story per say, like the last three Tony Hawk games, and so players can randomly talk to NPCs, wow the crowd, skate across huge territories with incredibly extended vertical sections, and even build their own ramps with moveable pieces in the environment. You'll find a massive environment with secret paths, side missions and goals -- all of which look realistic. This Tony Hawk game supposedly has the most goals of any Tony Hawk game to date. They're all old school in design, too.

Tony Hawk's Project 8 is due on Xbox 360 and PS3 this fall. If Neversoft sticks to its regular patterns, you'll see it in October. Lastly, Neversoft is working on the next-gen version, while Shaba is handling the PS2 and Xbox versions, due on the same release date.
--------------
This article can also be found at IGN

May 10th, 2006:Gamespot Info

The following article was written by gamespot editors, not me.

The Tony Hawk series of skateboarding games has been one of the most successful cross-platform, third-party franchises since its debut more than six years ago. Despite that success, developer Neversoft is scrapping everything and starting from scratch for the upcoming Tony Hawk's Project 8 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. We went ehind closed doors in the Activision booth to watch a demo of the game.

We didn't get to play the game, but based on the early Xbox 360 build of the game that we saw, it's coming along nicely. The demonstration began with a showcase of the new physics and animation in the game. We watched as a character ollied off of a high ledge and realistically bent at the knees to brace for impact before landing. But, whereas previous games had one single animation for each trick or action, this game combines several different animations so that each trick looks unique. In this way, an ollie off of a high ledge looks significantly different than an ollie up on top of a box or rail. One of the demonstrations we saw showed a character trying to balance as he grinded on a long rail. The way he put his arms out and compensated for momentum by leaning and moving looked very natural, and it didn't just look like a canned animation. The developers explained to us that this is achieved by combining six different animations based on the character's movement and relation to the environment.

The world of Project 8 looks good even in this relatively early build of the game. There are 12 motion captured professional skaters in the game, and they look detailed and move naturally. In the demo we saw the terrain looked much more varied in terms of height than in previous games. This variation will not only let you catch big air, but as you skate downhill you'll pick up tremendous speed. The world is all one huge cohesive area that is connected by jumps and spine transfers. You can skate from a school to an amusement park to a shopping mall at your leisure. The game uses Havok physics, so you can interact with all of the items in the environment and they will all respond realistically. As in previous Tony Hawk games, you'll be able to talk to non-player characters scattered throughout the world to take on missions.

Based on what we saw of Tony Hawk's Project 8 it looks like it will stay true to the Tony Hawk formula while updating the look and feel of the game. We're looking forward to getting our hands on this game, and we'll bring you the details as soon as we do. Unfortunately, the game isn't playable at E3 this year, but with a release date set for this fall it won't be long before the game skates onto the Xbox 360, Xbox, and PlayStation 2. There will also be a PlayStation 3 version to follow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 10th, 2006:My Speculations on the IGN Interview

Personally from watching the interview on IGN, I can say that Joel (President of Neversoft) has finnally figured it out for us, he stated in the interview that this game was based mostly on our feed back. He said his goal was to give us what we want, I personally think that he had seen all the bad publicity Nsoft had been getting because alot of people thought Nsoft didnt care about our community. So we kinda gave him a wake up call if you will. I'm glad they finally came to their sences and we are finally going to get a good game. Also more evidence of realism, Brian Bright stated that you will see npc skaters sessioning stairsets, we all know that it is hard to realisticly skate a set in thaw. My guess is that if the npc's skate it realisticly, we mite be able to as well. No 540 melons, but maybe some really nice 3 flips and bs flips =)

May 20th, 2006:THP8 360 Cover

I saw this cover on gamespot, for some reason it reminds me of the non CE version of thaw, dont ask me how...

IPB Image

------Signature-------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 12:03 PM
Design by: Invision Skins & HYIP Forum