> Winter Classic, Hockey
Jkidd
post Jan 3 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Straight jacked homie
Group Icon

Group: BGOAT Members
Member No.: 11

Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster Community Contributer BGOAT Advertiser Tony Hawk Game Historian Original Forum Member BGOAT 360voice Group

Yo a couple days ago the blackhawks played the redwings in what was called the "Winter Classic" where they set up a rink on wrigley field and played the game outside. I know they did it last year with another team and it snowed and now they're going to try and do it every year. Just wondering what you all thought about it. I think its a pretty sweet idea considering that the game originated outside so its pretty cool to see it being played there again.

------Signature-------
Jokes on you we still alive...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Requiem
post Jan 3 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #2

PSN: Req50187
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Glitch Poster FAH 20 WU's Community Contributer Tony Hawk Game Historian

QUOTE (Jkidd «±» @ Jan 3 2009, 11:04 AM) *
Yo a couple days ago the blackhawks played the redwings in what was called the "Winter Classic" where they set up a rink on wrigley field and played the game outside. I know they did it last year with another team and it snowed and now they're going to try and do it every year. Just wondering what you all thought about it. I think its a pretty sweet idea considering that the game originated outside so its pretty cool to see it being played there again.

Awesome game. The last couple Winter Classics they've had problems with the ice and weather but this years was pretty good. They we originally going to have it at Yankee Stadium (NY Rangers vs ???) but for obvious reasons they couldn't. Best part of it is that recently a lot more Americans are noticing hockey. Which is very good, now they just have to move some teams to cities that would actually want them.

------Signature-------
PSN - Req50187

Ps3 Games
Resistance 2 - Resistance FoM - Fallout 3 - Little Big Planet - Uncharted - NHL 09 - Warhawk - Grand Theft Auto IV
Rock Band - Rock Band 2 - Rock Band AC/DC - Motor Storm - Call Of Duty 4 - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry 4 - Star Wars Force Unleashed - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Turok - Burnout Paradise - Skate 2- Killzone 2 - Resident Evil 5

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post Jan 4 2009, 02:09 AM
Post #3

never leaves
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Community Contributer

One time I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Jan 4 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #4

Glitch Master Is An Understatement.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 10

Community Contributer

lmfao @ ^ americans always noticed hockey anywho, but this will get alot more americans into it. hockeys big here but i mean its not big as in football or even baseball.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Requiem
post Jan 4 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #5

PSN: Req50187
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Glitch Poster FAH 20 WU's Community Contributer Tony Hawk Game Historian

QUOTE (GlitchMasterBiz @ Jan 4 2009, 06:51 AM) *
lmfao @ ^ americans always noticed hockey anywho, but this will get alot more americans into it. hockeys big here but i mean its not big as in football or even baseball.

I didn't say Americans didn't notice hockey, I just said a lot more are taking notice. No sport will ever be as "big" as football in the USA.

------Signature-------
PSN - Req50187

Ps3 Games
Resistance 2 - Resistance FoM - Fallout 3 - Little Big Planet - Uncharted - NHL 09 - Warhawk - Grand Theft Auto IV
Rock Band - Rock Band 2 - Rock Band AC/DC - Motor Storm - Call Of Duty 4 - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry 4 - Star Wars Force Unleashed - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Turok - Burnout Paradise - Skate 2- Killzone 2 - Resident Evil 5

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Jan 4 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #6

Glitch Master Is An Understatement.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 10

Community Contributer

...and im saying hockey is maybe as big as baseball here. philly flyers are a biggie that i always hear about. mainly bc i live in pa..

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Jkidd
post Jan 6 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #7

Straight jacked homie
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster Community Contributer BGOAT Advertiser Tony Hawk Game Historian Original Forum Member BGOAT 360voice Group

Please hockey is nowhere close to as big as baseball here...it is AMERICAS pastime lol. I agree with you req that the past few have had some problems but I think that the snow one year was sick haha. that would have been a fun game to go to

------Signature-------
Jokes on you we still alive...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 04:59 AM
Design by: Invision Skins & HYIP Forum