Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A New Interview Type Movie.
Gamb
post Oct 20 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #41

Its-a Me! Gamb!
Group Icon

Group: BGOAT Members
From: In that place, with the sky and stuff. You know the one I'm talking about.
Member No.: 60

Awarded a MOTW Community Contributer

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Oct 19 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]6784[/snapback]

So, I should just let you scrub away and beat my ass? Thats like saying people who do combos in Tony Hawk games are gay because I can only do one trick at a time.

Doing one move or sequence over and over and over is another great way to get called cheap. This goes right to the heart of the matter: why can the scrub not defeat something so obvious and telegraphed as a single move done over and over? Is he such a poor player that he can’t counter that move? And if the move is, for whatever reason, extremely difficult to counter, then wouldn’t I be a fool for not using that move? The first step in becoming a top player is the realization that playing to win means doing whatever most increases your chances of winning. The game knows no rules of “honor” or of “cheapness.” The game only knows winning and losing.

A common call of the scrub is to cry that the kind of play in which ones tries to win at all costs is “boring” or “not fun.” Let’s consider two groups of players: a group of good players and a group of scrubs. The scrubs will play “for fun” and not explore the extremities of the game. They won’t find the most effective tactics and abuse them mercilessly. The good players will. The good players will find incredibly overpowering tactics and patterns. As they play the game more, they’ll be forced to find counters to those tactics. The vast majority of tactics that at first appear unbeatable end up having counters, though they are often quite esoteric and difficult to discover. The counter tactic prevents the first player from doing the tactic, but the first player can then use a counter to the counter. The second player is now afraid to use his counter and he’s again vulnerable to the original overpowering tactic.

http://www.sirlin.net/archive/playing-to-win-part-1/

No what I'm saying is say I could:

Use Taven hit with [] [] triangle L1 then after it akes sword out use triangle triangle [] [] and then after your eyes are bleeding I could use ^ v x and then v<- [] and give you a 10 hit combo. ANd about 37 % of your life - thats not cheap. Oh and if I feel like being mean pop you apu in the air and do another combo for like 37% damage. - thats not cheap. But its people who pop up, pop up, pop up, pop up, special, special etc... that should be considered cheap.

------Signature-------
QUOTE(Requiem @ Apr 26 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]20653[/snapback]
Biz did you know, Gamb once taught Jesus how to glitch.

My GH scores All my scores are up!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6wRtvXlzfN4 ZOMG AEROSMITH PWNT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jr7891
post Oct 20 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #42

stranger
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Members
From: Decatur, GA Home to a random influx of homosexuals. I miss you Connecticut.
Member No.: 75

QUOTE(Gamb @ Oct 20 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]6826[/snapback]

No what I'm saying is say I could:

Use Taven hit with [] [] triangle L1 then after it akes sword out use triangle triangle [] [] and then after your eyes are bleeding I could use ^ v x and then v<- [] and give you a 10 hit combo. ANd about 37 % of your life - thats not cheap. Oh and if I feel like being mean pop you apu in the air and do another combo for like 37% damage. - thats not cheap. But its people who pop up, pop up, pop up, pop up, special, special etc... that should be considered cheap.

Oh, I get what you mean now. I thought you just hated combos period. But, hey, I say if one guy gets gay, you act just as homosexual as he is.

QUOTE(Logan @ Oct 19 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]6789[/snapback]

So downloadable demos are better than disc demos?

Yes they are. There is a way better selection of demos on the marketplace then what you get from OXM.

You get the demos early, and you don't have to pay 10 dollars for something that is offered free.

This post has been edited by Jr7891: Oct 20 2006, 06:25 PM

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Gamb
post Oct 20 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #43

Its-a Me! Gamb!
Group Icon

Group: BGOAT Members
From: In that place, with the sky and stuff. You know the one I'm talking about.
Member No.: 60

Awarded a MOTW Community Contributer

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Oct 20 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]6829[/snapback]

Oh, I get what you mean now. I thought you just hated combos period. But, hey, I say if one guy gets gay, you act just as homosexual as he is.

Good now that we're clear. I mean why would I hate combos... I mean good combos seperate people who are better at the game than those other people. Anyway even if your caught in a combo thats not cheap you can break and turn the tables. Of course you only get 3 breaker a match but still...

------Signature-------
QUOTE(Requiem @ Apr 26 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]20653[/snapback]
Biz did you know, Gamb once taught Jesus how to glitch.

My GH scores All my scores are up!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6wRtvXlzfN4 ZOMG AEROSMITH PWNT

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 11:11 AM
Design by: Invision Skins & HYIP Forum