> The Future Of Bgoat?, ...and the past
HubCAp_
post Jun 19 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #1

STEAM ID: HubCAp_
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 43

F@H 20 WU's Tony Hawk Game Collector Activision Game Collector BGOAT GH Tour Group Member

Let's face it. This community is dieing. Most of the people in the past years have moved on.

Now with the new release of Tony Hawk: Ride, do any of you expect the same excitement as the previous tony hawk games?
I remember everyone being so excited for THUG (omg walking!). Now it seems no one cares and has moved on.

I understand in an act to keep this community alive, bgoat has moved on to all activision games.

Do any of you expect this community to ever be as populated as it was just even a year ago? I remember when there were like 20+ forum members active per month. Now I only see up to 5-6 people every month or so.

Maybe the another reason why this once populated BGOAT community has gone down is becuase of lack of excitement for the new Tony hawk games.

I remember back in 2004ish I first found bgoat back when you guys were on proboards. I was young, but I remember wanting to part of BGOAT becuase of the active community.

I remember when everyone thought wiz was female.

Looking back now, I remember how active the whole tony hawk video game community was in general. TXO even got its own channel in THUG1. I remember that all the tony hawk game's servers were all full with people. Now if you go onto one of the few remaining games with servers or backup servers, you will notice there is a very small tight dedicated community. maybe I ever only see 2-3 servers with 15 people total on THUG1 ps2 online.

I remember when the big ol' announcement that THPS4 was going offline on New Years (it actually stayed up till like the 11th). I remember staying up till midnight to play it one last time. that was probably one of the most active nights in THPS4 ps online history.

Now onto THUG2... man all I can remember was mayhem. People freeze texting you, freeze taunting you, modded CAS', colored names, modded CAPS, freeze flags, gameshark, full servers with mIRC spam, etc.
Even with all this going on, I found myself logging back in after resetting my frozen ps2 playing ring of fire over and over in a nonstop loop.
There was a whole community built just from modding the game itself. Then when gamespy had enough with all the Vault hacking, they shut it down for good. That is when I think the whole TH community went downhill.

then there was THAW. While still having an active community, it never felt the same as in the previous games.
Now from thps4-thug2, I was mostly glitching with lots of people. when thaw came, it had almost the same glitches as THUG2 had. (With exception of the Air Shuffle)
That is when I just quit glitching all together becuase it was boring.

then THP8 and the next gen consoles roll around. No online for ps2, ps3 versions. That is when I thought the community was going to die for sure.
THPG came out with still no online for [at that time] current-gen systems. THPG on next-gen wasn't all that great either especially with a broken voice communication system for the ps3 version. Now at this time, a lot of people still had ps2 and were happy. why they didn't want their half-alive current ps2 community to live is beyond me.

Then when skate came out, everyone all of a sudden got on the EA bandwagon and talked down to TH for realism and took most of their few remaining fan base.

Now I don't remember when this was, but when THAW went offline unannounced, that killed it. there were no games left to play on. Then when they decided to put THAW back up, it was Wayyyyyyy too late. Everyone moved on and gave up on the series.

Then when Neversoft decided that GH was where the money was, they left the TH series to continue making money becuase they are a business of course.

Now Neversoft was my favorite developer. Their humor that they put into the game and all those behind the scenes videos were all very distinct from any other developer. I STILL remember when they had that kickflip contest in their office (in thps3 videos).

I remember the distinct humor in the story lines and the darksides around their levels.

Now that it is 2009, I think everyone was tired of the same old stuff and moved on. No longer are the massive glitch database posts.

When TXO died, BGOAT was and still is the only long-term TH community left.

Now what is the future of the whole BGOAT community? We've seen the best of times and the worst of times for TH games and the community.

I'm sure keeping these sites up and running costs a lot of money. I'm wondering (to wiz) when is it time to call it quits? As much as I would hate to see it, I think there is no going uphill from here for BGOAT community. Or at least the glitching side of it.

Now i've been apart of this community for 7 years. I can't remember anyone besides the hardcore BGOAT members that are still here.

those 7 years though have been a blast. Now though, it seems everyone has grown up and moved on.

As the only TH community to still exist (as far as I know) when will the time be?
When will BGOAT finally end?

Now I don't want BGOAT to end or the community, but be realistic, don't expect to still be here when we are all 40+.

Now to wrap things up, I just want to know, what is the future of BGOAT?

This post has been edited by HubCAp_: Jun 19 2009, 09:24 PM

------Signature-------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Jun 19 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #2

Glitch Master Is An Understatement.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 10

Community Contributer

notHubCAp (10:26:09 PM): go check out the BGOAT forums when you get a chance
notHubCAp (10:30:19 PM): longest post in 7 years lol
BGOATBiz (10:30:26 PM): damn you
BGOATBiz (10:30:31 PM): im going to shoot you...
BGOATBiz (10:30:41 PM): you just had to be that fucker that asked when its time to call it quits.

again, i see bGoat going uphill in alot of ways. Shit man, we have been losing some community but hey, just because shits in a slum right now dosnt mean we dont dominate. we are all activision now, and once we get that kick in the ass with th ride, mw2, etc. bGoat will be a strong community once more.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post Jun 20 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #3

never leaves
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Community Contributer

BGOAT's prime time was THUG/THUG2. thats when this community was the most populated. THPS4 days were IMO the best days ever I mean shit I had to have 2 ps2's and 2 copies of THPS4 to make sure we had 2 rooms online for all the BGOAT members. same for THUG. TH as a series is basically dead. this new game w/ it's board peripheral isn't going to save it. it's like your first line... it gets you so high then after that your just chasing after that. you can never go home again as they say. I moved the community towards all activision titles to try and expand the community but when you have sites like gamespot, IGN, and those to compete w/ well.... there's no competing. BGOAT was the shit because we were the only site to offer hundreds of glitches per each TH game out. Glitching is dead and TH is dead. yes the sites and hosting cost a shit ton of money each year to keep up and running but it seems a shame to just let it all disappear and then all that money is wasted anyways. The reason BGOAT isn't as big now is because the Hawk games aren;t as big. we don't have the online presence. in the ps2 days we all went on and had our BGOAT tag. now adays you only have your XBL or PSN names which for the most part don't include BGOAT. Hell my name doesn't even include it. theres no advertising and all the old vets of the series have moved on to. the only other community based on TH is Planettonyhawk and I am sure that if Slateman had to pay for hosting and such that site would be gone as well. Anyways ya the past was awesome and who knows what the future is going to bring only time will tell. But I am not gonna just let the site die as long as there's atleast 1 other person who visits it besides me.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Jun 21 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Community Contributer

hell we still have aleast 50+ visits from guests each day.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post Jun 21 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #5

never leaves
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Community Contributer

Ya those guests are most likely spider bots for search engines. lol.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
wut wut
post Jun 22 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #6

Frequent
Group Icon

Group: BGOAT Members
Member No.: 2

Glitch Poster Community Contributor Tony Hawk Game Collector Tony Hawk Game Historian *** Sexiest Avy's Award Awarded a MOTW

bgoatown.gif

I wish I still had a PS2 or my PS3 could play PS2 games and I still had THPS4/THUG

Those were the prime days.

If anybody wants to donate a ps2, 1 controller, and thps4 and or thug I would gladly glitch everrryyy dayy smile.gif

------Signature-------
ammm

+Quote Post
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
post Jun 22 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #7

wonderer
Group Icon

Member No.: 38

bookworm / grammar aficionado

my old xbl tag before it got banned/canceled for using bad cc #'s)was bgoatukjmn =] never even played TH on my xbox though haha.

bgoat is dead. we all know it, but there's no need to make a big dramatic funeral over it. there doesn't need to be a cut off where it's "okay we're done... NOW"

+Quote Post
Chase
post Jun 23 2009, 01:37 AM
Post #8

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 103

I'll save it! Gimme a little time.

------Signature-------
The Game
The QB
The Legend.

+Quote Post
wut wut
post Jun 23 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #9

Frequent
Group Icon

Glitch Poster Community Contributor Tony Hawk Game Collector Tony Hawk Game Historian *** Sexiest Avy's Award Awarded a MOTW

QUOTE (Chase @ Jun 22 2009, 10:37 PM) *
I'll save it! Gimme a little time.

Awee yeah chase.
If your doing what I think you are, <3.

THUG PC/PS2 cross?

------Signature-------
ammm

+Quote Post
Chase
post Jun 23 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #10

stranger
Group Icon

No, that's not what that is.

Also, I'm completely dropping PS2 support from all of my tools.

Whatever community I can derive will be PC players.
Everybody's computer now should be fine to play THUG pc.

That is the THPS4 skateshop ported to THUG.
It goes without saying that the rest of the levels will follow with my technology.

I'm not giving time lines, but I've been motivated to work on THPS in the last few weeks, hopefully my motivation won't die out.

This post has been edited by Chase: Jun 23 2009, 08:20 PM

------Signature-------
The Game
The QB
The Legend.

+Quote Post
wut wut
post Jun 23 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #11

Frequent
Group Icon

So, your saying, carnival on thug?

Epic.

------Signature-------
ammm

+Quote Post
=bgizzoat=ukjmn
post Jun 24 2009, 03:38 AM
Post #12

wonderer
Group Icon

Member No.: 38

bookworm / grammar aficionado

so what your saying is a game we've played for 100's of hours already?

+Quote Post
Chase
post Jun 24 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #13

stranger
Group Icon

Well, everything else will be a surprise.

Porting THPS4 levels is a mere side effect of what I'm working on.

------Signature-------
The Game
The QB
The Legend.

+Quote Post
wut wut
post Jun 24 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #14

Frequent
Group Icon

/me is excited and getting giddy

------Signature-------
ammm

+Quote Post
HubCAp_
post Jun 24 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

F@H 20 WU's Tony Hawk Game Collector Activision Game Collector BGOAT GH Tour Group Member

Wow now all I need to do is actually find an active download link to THUGpc.

This post has been edited by HubCAp_: Jun 24 2009, 09:32 AM

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Jun 24 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Community Contributer

Chase, i think you are doing an epic job. I think you need to throw us a link to the download and explain how i can play those thps4 lvls on thug lol because im not smart...

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
wut wut
post Jun 24 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #17

Frequent
Group Icon

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GYXWYFO9

Theres THUG1

http://www.2shared.com/file/5113877/426f17a7/thps4pc.html

Theres THPS4 incase you may need the files, or just wanna play.

and chase I beleive is still working on it, so yeah..

<3 bi0

------Signature-------
ammm

+Quote Post
Chase
post Jun 24 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #18

stranger
Group Icon

Don't get panties in a knot, because it's all very early and nothing is complete. When I release my files there will be a custom release of THUG with all additional hacks, modifications, and cracks built with an installer.

You can use whatever installs, but mine will install parallel to the normal release. My release also will not be compatible with THUG pc installs that are not my version. I will deliberately make them incompatible.

------Signature-------
The Game
The QB
The Legend.

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Jun 25 2009, 02:32 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Community Contributer

so i do not need to download those files you will provide a link with your thug/thps4 project thing when its all done?

This post has been edited by GlitchMasterBiz: Jun 25 2009, 02:51 AM

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
HubCAp_
post Jun 25 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Thank you for the links.

Is the online on the pc version of THUG still up?

------Signature-------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:11 AM
Design by: Invision Skins & HYIP Forum