> Lol Microsoft Got Owned
jack0ff
post Nov 12 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #1

stranger
Group Icon

Group: BGOAT Members
Member No.: 42

Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster Sexiest Avy's Award Tony Hawk Game collector FAH Weekend Award BGOAT Advertiser F@H 100 WU's

Lolololololol playstation3 sold out in japan on 11/11/06 (100k units) while japan only sold 96k xbox 360 for the whole YEAR since the xgay launch).

This post has been edited by jack0ff: Nov 12 2006, 08:13 PM

------Signature-------
PEOPLE GET LOST BUT THEN THEY GET FOUND.....LOVE IT WHEN THEY HEAR THE CHAMPION SOUND.......WORKS LIKE A MAGNET ON THE PEOPLE ALL AROUND...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jr7891
post Nov 12 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #2

stranger
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Members
From: Decatur, GA Home to a random influx of homosexuals. I miss you Connecticut.
Member No.: 75

QUOTE(jack0ff @ Nov 12 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]8942[/snapback]

Lolololololol playstation3 sold out in japan on 11/11/06 (100k units) while japan only sold 96k xbox 360 for the whole YEAR since the xgay launch).

No shit they got owned in Japan. Have you ever heard of supply and demand? The demand was FAR higher than supply.

However, Sony will only be able to sell 500k units at launch. Microsoft has sold far more than that and profited already from software. Sony will not be able to profit from Resistance, Genji, Ridge Racer, NBA, and Untold Legends. People will be buying the multiplatform games that are still being released for PS3. Sony dosen't plan to get out of the loss caused by the systems cost until late 2008.

You can post in 4 years when we see what really sold what. Until then, keep bragging on how something so scarce barely outsells something that is nicknamed the gaybox.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Nov 12 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #3

Playstation GAP member and beta tester
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

Tony Hawk Game Historian *

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Nov 12 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]8944[/snapback]

Sony will not be able to profit from Resistance, Genji, Ridge Racer, NBA, and Untold Legends.

Come again? laugh.gif

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
BGOAT Ken*Dawg
post Nov 12 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #4

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

Glitch Poster BGOAT Advertiser GD Historian

lmao, you mean there are 500,000 people that are going to buy a remixed version of the George Foreman grill? and for $600? ROFL!

Not to mention that the Xbox 360 has sold almost 7 Million consoles in a year.

This post has been edited by ll BodyBag ll: Nov 12 2006, 08:56 PM

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Nov 12 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(ll BodyBag ll @ Nov 12 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]8947[/snapback]
lmao, you mean there are 500,000 people that are going to buy a remixed version of the George Foreman grill? and for $600? ROFL!

Yes Ken, there are actually people that would rather pay for something with a purpose and functionality than buy a $400 maxipad. It also seems that maxipad would be more of a grill than the PS3, there have been no reports of problems with PS3, but I don't expect you to lay off the grill joke wink.gif

This post has been edited by FeRgY: Nov 12 2006, 09:04 PM

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Jr7891
post Nov 12 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #6

stranger
Group Icon

From: Decatur, GA Home to a random influx of homosexuals. I miss you Connecticut.

QUOTE(FeRgY @ Nov 12 2006, 08:54 PM) [snapback]8946[/snapback]

Come again? laugh.gif

Ridge Racer is Namco's game. They pay Sony a liscensing fee to publish the game for the PS3, and they release it. They then sell the game to stores, who sell it back for a profit.

Namco makes back far more money than they paid Sony with.

Resistance is a FPS. FPS's do NOT sell in Japan. So scratch 100k right there. That leaves 400k for America. But, not EVERY person who bought a PS3 wants a FPS. Especially most PS3 players play RPG's, Sports titles, and action titles.

QUOTE(FeRgY @ Nov 12 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]8948[/snapback]

Yes Ken, there are actually people that would rather pay for something with a purpose and functionality than buy a $400 maxipad. It also seems that maxipad would be more of a grill than the PS3, there have been no reports of problems with PS3, but I don't expect you to lay off the grill joke wink.gif

So, freezing, low framerates at 1080p, two required updates at launch, trouble connecting wirelessly, lack of VGA support, disposable controllers, faulty batteries, lack of PS2 controller support (Analog games on PS2 do not work properly. Examples include Metal Gear 2 and 3, Def Jam, Gran Turismo), extra adapter needed for PS2 and 1 saves, and lots of popups when browsing the internet aren't problems?

This post has been edited by Jr7891: Nov 12 2006, 09:09 PM

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Harold
post Nov 12 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #7

The Mexican
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

Awarded a MOTW Community Contributer

Console losers.

You can't predict the future on these terms, so why try?

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Nov 12 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Nov 12 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]8949[/snapback]

So, freezing, low framerates at 1080p, two required updates at launch, trouble connecting wirelessly, lack of VGA support, disposable controllers, faulty batteries, lack of PS2 controller support (Analog games on PS2 do not work properly. Examples include Metal Gear 2 and 3, Def Jam, Gran Turismo), extra adapter needed for PS2 and 1 saves, and lots of popups when browsing the internet aren't problems?

Haven't seen any of that with the PS3 so umm...yea. Only problems were when idiots put it in a box with no ventilation. Except for controller support, which isn't a big deal, has nothing to do with console defects. Most of the stuff you can't even verify and you just find stuff you don't like about it. It's like me saying the maxipad is defected because you pay for online.

This post has been edited by FeRgY: Nov 12 2006, 09:13 PM

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Jr7891
post Nov 12 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #9

stranger
Group Icon

QUOTE(FeRgY @ Nov 12 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]8952[/snapback]

Haven't seen any of that with the PS3 so umm...yea. Only problems were when idiots put it in a box with no ventilation.

Have you looked for those problems? Have you actually played a fucking PS3? If not, shut the hell up and go do some reasearch. Joystiq, Kotaku, James Chen, and GDC are some good places to look for impressions.

And all of these people take great care of the systems. All of them have posted pics of their setupss and none of them have them lying on carpets and inside of boxes.

These problems are caused by the PS3. Not the enviroment it is in.

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Nov 12 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Nov 12 2006, 09:14 PM) [snapback]8953[/snapback]

Have you looked for those problems? Have you actually played a fucking PS3? If not, shut the hell up and go do some reasearch. Joystiq, Kotaku, James Chen, and GDC are some good places to look for impressions.
And all of these people take great care of the systems. All of them have posted pics of their setupss and none of them have them lying on carpets and inside of boxes.
These problems are caused by the PS3. Not the enviroment it is in.

If I told you I have played it you wouldn't believe me. Yes I have seen on those sites, nothing worth mentioning. What are you talking about "these people"? I have only seen bad stuff when it's in kiosks at stores. Yes it seems this
IPB Image
is a huge problem.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
=BGOAT=Nicholas
post Nov 12 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #11

Gangsta
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

FAH 50 WU's Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster FAH Weekend Award BGOAT Advertiser GD Historian Bookworm/ grammer aficionado BGOAT GH Tour Group Member Original Forum Member

Lmao the only bad things I have heard about the PS3 so far are all things that can be cleared up by SYSTEM UPDATES. You can ask Harold ive been looking non stop all weekend on information about the PS3 since its been released and to see if any major problems have been annouced.

All thats being mentioned are problems with some MP3 players not being read, some problems with the backwards compatible stuff, and shit thats about it. Link me to some MAJOR problems that have been reported about the PS3 so far. By MAJOR I mean like the PS3 over heating, PS3 not working, or something defective...

All the XBOX360 people are starting to make the PS3 seem like its a bad console when all of the problems so far have been minor problems that Sony can easily fix with a SYSTEM UPDATE which will be done.

This post has been edited by =BGOAT=Nicholas: Nov 12 2006, 09:25 PM

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Jr7891
post Nov 12 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #12

stranger
Group Icon

QUOTE(FeRgY @ Nov 12 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]8954[/snapback]

If I told you I have played it you wouldn't believe me. Yes I have seen on those sites, nothing worth mentioning. What are you talking about "these people"? I have only seen bad stuff when it's in kiosks at stores. Yes it seems this
IPB Image
is a huge problem.

Okay, now go find one that isn't fucking ducttaped to a bunch of red lights with the hot air circulating. The problem that arose are from what I have seen or heard. My friend has a Japanese PS3. The shit I have posted has come from 2 hours of playing the console.

I hardly see how heat affects a high resolution frame rate, but the game runs fine at the lowest setting.

Heres a good example. Tony Hawk Project 8 has been shipped to gamestores in the US for PS3 and 360. He picked up the PS3 version and I have the Xbox 360 version. I bought my 360 to compare. On 1080i on 360, the rate never dropped so low that the game skipped.

On Ps3, in 1080p and 1080 i, we never seen anything above 30 FPS. We had to lower the system to 480p just for the game to play in a bearable way. The tilt controls were a little delayed, and there was a few texture problems (Textures would only appear when you got close to them.)

We tried Marvel Ultimate Alliance. The game was okay, but the motion based supermoves wer shitty. The framerate ranged from good to bad, but once again, in 1080p the game ran like shit.

The best thing I can say for the PS3 is that it can use the old Eyetoy, and any USB mouse, Keyboard, and headset for Web browsing. Unfortunatly, the brower doesn't support Javascript and the flash is crappy. The memory issues are gone from the PSP, but when there are popups, the browser can stop and you hav to reset the system.

Ps1 games don't look to good stretched into widescreen. PS2 games are okay, but if you want to use something like a arcade stick, you have to use a PSx to usb adapter. Any HID gamepad should work.

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Nov 12 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Me see no links.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Requiem
post Nov 12 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #14

PSN: Req50187
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Glitch Poster FAH 20 WU's Community Contributer Tony Hawk Game Historian

QUOTE(=BGOAT=Nicholas @ Nov 12 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]8955[/snapback]

Lmao the only bad things I have heard about the PS3 so far are all things that can be cleared up by SYSTEM UPDATES. You can ask Harold ive been looking non stop all weekend on information about the PS3 since its been released and to see if any major problems have been annouced.

All thats being mentioned are problems with some MP3 players not being read, some problems with the backwards compatible stuff, and shit thats about it. Link me to some MAJOR problems that have been reported about the PS3 so far. By MAJOR I mean like the PS3 over heating, PS3 not working, or something defective...

All the XBOX360 people are starting to make the PS3 seem like its a bad console when all of the problems so far have been minor problems that Sony can easily fix with a SYSTEM UPDATE which will be done.

LOL Nick just Owned all you little 360 fruits hahahahaha

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Nov 12 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]8956[/snapback]

My friend has a Japanese PS3.

So let me get this straight. Your friend went to Japan waited in line for 14 hours or so, flew back, called you to come over to compare the 360 to the Ps3? You my friend are so full of shit it makes me laugh.

This post has been edited by Requiem: Nov 12 2006, 09:44 PM

------Signature-------
PSN - Req50187

Ps3 Games
Resistance 2 - Resistance FoM - Fallout 3 - Little Big Planet - Uncharted - NHL 09 - Warhawk - Grand Theft Auto IV
Rock Band - Rock Band 2 - Rock Band AC/DC - Motor Storm - Call Of Duty 4 - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry 4 - Star Wars Force Unleashed - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Turok - Burnout Paradise - Skate 2- Killzone 2 - Resident Evil 5

+Quote Post
Jr7891
post Nov 12 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #15

stranger
Group Icon

QUOTE(Requiem @ Nov 12 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]8959[/snapback]

LOL Nick just Owned all you little 360 fruits hahahahaha
So let me get this straight. Your friend went to Japan waited in line for 14 hours or so, flew back, called you to come over to compare the 360 to the Ps3? You my friend are so full of shit it makes me laugh.

No. He ordered it off of Amazon.co.jp and had it overnighted to America.

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
FeRgY
post Nov 12 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

You failed to take pictures? I also wonder why absolutely no one is showing these things you say.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Requiem
post Nov 12 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Nov 12 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]8961[/snapback]

No. He ordered it off of Amazon.co.jp and had it overnighted to America.

Well if you were not an idiot you would have realized that there was NO internet sales for the Japanese Ps3. The only way possible to get one was to go to Japan and got one.

I'll even get you a link stating there was NO internet sales on the 11th.

------Signature-------
PSN - Req50187

Ps3 Games
Resistance 2 - Resistance FoM - Fallout 3 - Little Big Planet - Uncharted - NHL 09 - Warhawk - Grand Theft Auto IV
Rock Band - Rock Band 2 - Rock Band AC/DC - Motor Storm - Call Of Duty 4 - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry 4 - Star Wars Force Unleashed - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Turok - Burnout Paradise - Skate 2- Killzone 2 - Resident Evil 5

+Quote Post
Jr7891
post Nov 12 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #18

stranger
Group Icon

QUOTE(Requiem @ Nov 12 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]8966[/snapback]

Well if you were not an idiot you would have realized that there was NO internet sales for the Japanese Ps3. The only way possible to get one was to go to Japan and got one.

I'll even get you a link stating there was NO internet sales on the 11th.

And I'll link you to a video of another friend opening his online ordered PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxcdcWgp6Ew&eurl=

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
=BGOAT=Nicholas
post Nov 12 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #19

Gangsta
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

FAH 50 WU's Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster FAH Weekend Award BGOAT Advertiser GD Historian Bookworm/ grammer aficionado BGOAT GH Tour Group Member Original Forum Member

JR okay your "friend" got a PS3 from Japan but please link me to actual problems with the PS3 not words you typed yourself. Please link me to something stating a problem.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Requiem
post Nov 12 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Nov 12 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]8968[/snapback]

And I'll link you to a video of another friend opening his online ordered PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxcdcWgp6Ew&eurl=

Ok well I read that you couldnt. I found this which you might find entertaining though.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111606

That is CheapyD's website. This is your "friend". You do realize he lives in Japan dont you? The only way you could get it is if again your friend was in Japan and flew out here. If your friend actually does have one let's see some proof besides you posting a video of some guy who got one who LIVES in Japan.

------Signature-------
PSN - Req50187

Ps3 Games

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:33 PM
Design by: Invision Skins & HYIP Forum