Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Classic Levels Are...
Jr7891
post Oct 6 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #1

stranger
Group Icon

Group: Advanced Members
From: Decatur, GA Home to a random influx of homosexuals. I miss you Connecticut.
Member No.: 75

Suburbia, school, and factory.

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
logan
post Oct 6 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #2

Frequent
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

Community Contributer Tony Hawk Game Collector Tony Hawk Game Historian ** bookworm / grammar aficionado GD Historian

It would help if you would tell us what you are talking about and show us where you got the information...

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Oct 6 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #3

Glitch Master Is An Understatement.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 10

Community Contributer

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Oct 6 2006, 05:52 PM) [snapback]5553[/snapback]
Suburbia, school, and factory.

No there not. If you ever read www.planettonyhawk.com news it explains that there is no classic lvls whatsoever just lvls inspried by school, suburbia and etc. Quote planettonyhawk "it may looked like you skated there before, but in fact you have never skated one inch of the lvl/world"

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Jr7891
post Oct 6 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #4

stranger
Group Icon

From: Decatur, GA Home to a random influx of homosexuals. I miss you Connecticut.

QUOTE(Logan @ Oct 6 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]5556[/snapback]

It would help if you would tell us what you are talking about and show us where you got the information...

I got the info from a friends gamertag. He has THP8, and in the achievements, the levels I listed were said to be classic mode levels. To get the achievement for them, you have to beat the levels on sick.

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Oct 6 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Community Contributer

hes wrong.......oh so wrong....

"Much has been said about the levels in the game. Many of the snapshots looked like School II has returned, and Suburbia from THPS 3. There are no reused levels in this game at all. Inspiration has been derived from many classic levels, the Foundry, the School levels, etc, but this is an entirely new world. Take a peek at the school section and you'll see the familiar indoor pools with the high diving board. While very familiar, you've never skated an inch of this world before!"

heres the link...read up... http://www.planettonyhawk.com/thp8/info/preview3/ that quote can be found right under this pic IPB Image

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
logan
post Oct 6 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #6

Frequent
Group Icon

Community Contributer Tony Hawk Game Collector Tony Hawk Game Historian ** bookworm / grammar aficionado GD Historian

Skip To Restart
"Last year's THAW attempted the 'One Huge Level' concept with questionable success. This year, we've got One Huge World and, yes, NO LOAD TIMES. Great in almost every single aspect, one thing that it affects is my beloved Skip To Restart option. If I'm attempting a combo and keep missing it, I'll set up a STR and keep going back. However, with the enormity of the world and the methods of streaming it, this option has been removed. While understandable on every level, it's one of the things that's going to be sorely missed."

Indeed. =(

This post has been edited by Logan: Oct 6 2006, 05:29 PM

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Oct 6 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Community Contributer

QUOTE(Logan @ Oct 6 2006, 06:29 PM) [snapback]5565[/snapback]
Skip To Restart
"Last year's THAW attempted the 'One Huge Level' concept with questionable success. This year, we've got One Huge World and, yes, NO LOAD TIMES. Great in almost every single aspect, one thing that it affects is my beloved Skip To Restart option. If I'm attempting a combo and keep missing it, I'll set up a STR and keep going back. However, with the enormity of the world and the methods of streaming it, this option has been removed. While understandable on every level, it's one of the things that's going to be sorely missed."

Indeed. =(

im right there with you pal...also i will miss....

Create-A-Park

Yeah, you read that right. It's not coming back this time around. There will be missions and elements in the game where you have to switch things around, but fans of CAP will be saddened at the loss of this. I expect implementation to return in the next game, but that's mere speculation. Sorry folks.

maybe not tho b/c this idea is kinda cool

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post Oct 6 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #8

never leaves
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Community Contributer

there are no classic levles as all ready stated. and I highly doubt your friend has the game. remember I played it.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Oct 7 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Community Contributer

ok now that we have everything cleared up i believ its safe to say jr got owned by the biz

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Ductape
post Oct 7 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #10

The BGOAT Glitch Finder
Group Icon

Group: BGOAT Members
Member No.: 3

Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster Tony Hawk Game Collector

skip to restart gone so that means no more set cust? clear this up for me cause ima be very excited iif its gone. smile.gif

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
=BGOAT=Nicholas
post Oct 7 2006, 02:25 PM
Post #11

Gangsta
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

FAH 50 WU's Awarded a MOTW Glitch Poster FAH Weekend Award BGOAT Advertiser GD Historian Bookworm/ grammer aficionado BGOAT GH Tour Group Member Original Forum Member

Its gone. From this game... they might bring it back if they can find a way for it to work in the one big level scenerio.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
skrattahögtmunk
post Oct 7 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #12

avatar shamelessly stolen from someone
Group Icon

Member No.: 24

Community Contributer bookworm / grammar aficionado

The only bad thing about set restart with a big one-level type thing like this will have is that it simply won't be able to load that section of level in 1/2 a second. Like in GTA:SA there was a GS code to teleport wherever you put the red marker thingy, and if you put it far away and teleported it took a loooooonnnnng time to load the level.

------Signature-------

useless trivia: pennsylvania was the first one has moved up the pistol, spins the chamber, and we'll bust a cap in your excess shit
PSN: JohnnyLeetsauce
LIVE: dvdCollection

+Quote Post
XolrecX
post Oct 8 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #13

stranger
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

if you consider those new levels... then I guess that school 2 is a classic level as well....

its not several different levels buddy, its several different districts between 1 big level...

For instance: School is now a mixture of: School 1 School 2 and "University"....

and possibly college.. which would be bad ass...

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Duffers
post Oct 8 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #14

Resident asshole-in-training
Group Icon

Member No.: 45

Bookworm/ Grammar aficionado

QUOTE(The Biz @ Oct 6 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]5567[/snapback]

Create-A-Park

Yeah, you read that right. It's not coming back this time around. There will be missions and elements in the game where you have to switch things around, but fans of CAP will be saddened at the loss of this. I expect implementation to return in the next game, but that's mere speculation. Sorry folks.

Dicks, they're delibritely trying to piss us off now.

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
BGOAT wiz
post Oct 8 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #15

never leaves
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Community Contributer

Ok let me set some things straight. there is no school 1 school 2 and university in this game that are classic levels. everything in this game is new. it may resemble some of the old levels in certain areas but it is not those levels. as for the Set cust thing it has all ready been discussed. it's one streaming level. you can't set a cust in a stremaing level go all the way to the other side and then go to and expect it to be loaded. they may have been able to keep it in free skate if they sanctioned it off into seperate levels and you caould only play in that level. as for the CAP thing. Neversoft had to redisgn every aspect of this game and there using new technology to make the game better. technology which they may not be 100% comfortable w/ as of yet. w/ that said they only had a year to make this game give or take and w/ having to rebuild everything from the ground up there simply wasn't enough time to build a completely new CAP editor for this game. they simply wanted to make the game small in the aspect of nopt having a lot of extra stuff to worry about. they wanted to focus on the gameplay and the graphics and over all looks of the game. The next instalment of this game should be twice as big and even include a cap editor. because now they have all the engines built for the game so now they can focus on making cap editor and everything else.

------Signature-------

I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!!

+Quote Post
skrattahögtmunk
post Oct 8 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #16

avatar shamelessly stolen from someone
Group Icon

Member No.: 24

Community Contributer bookworm / grammar aficionado

QUOTE(ROOK Master wiz @ Oct 8 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]5710[/snapback]

Ok let me set some things straight. there is no school 1 school 2 and university in this game that are classic levels. everything in this game is new. it may resemble some of the old levels in certain areas but it is not those levels. as for the Set cust thing it has all ready been discussed. it's one streaming level. you can't set a cust in a stremaing level go all the way to the other side and then go to and expect it to be loaded. they may have been able to keep it in free skate if they sanctioned it off into seperate levels and you caould only play in that level. as for the CAP thing. Neversoft had to redisgn every aspect of this game and there using new technology to make the game better. technology which they may not be 100% comfortable w/ as of yet. w/ that said they only had a year to make this game give or take and w/ having to rebuild everything from the ground up there simply wasn't enough time to build a completely new CAP editor for this game. they simply wanted to make the game small in the aspect of nopt having a lot of extra stuff to worry about. they wanted to focus on the gameplay and the graphics and over all looks of the game. The next instalment of this game should be twice as big and even include a cap editor. because now they have all the engines built for the game so now they can focus on making cap editor and everything else.

It's better to have no CAP than another rehash of THUG2's CAP.

------Signature-------

useless trivia: pennsylvania was the first one has moved up the pistol, spins the chamber, and we'll bust a cap in your excess shit
PSN: JohnnyLeetsauce
LIVE: dvdCollection

+Quote Post
Embro
post Oct 8 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #17

See you in the future
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

Awarded a MOTW Tony Hawk Game Historian *

What was your friends gamertag?

------Signature-------
Edge: 4 Time World Champion

+Quote Post
GlitchMasterBiz
post Oct 8 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Community Contributer

its prolly imafucktardliar

------Signature-------

+Quote Post
Jr7891
post Oct 8 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #19

stranger
Group Icon

His gamertag is usprodca074g.

My bad for not knowing that these levels were only "inspiration".

But, shit. Biz, how the fuck is correcting someone who wasn't 100% wrong totally owning them?

------Signature-------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
logan
post Oct 8 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #20

Frequent
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jr7891 @ Oct 8 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]5729[/snapback]
how is correcting someone who wasn't 100% wrong totally owning them?

I would say 98% wrong is pretty close to 100%.

=p

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:49 AM
Design by: Invision Skins & HYIP Forum